What's new

Anyone Pick up MOO3? (1 Viewer)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Joshua,

My first impression hasn't been so good. But as I figure out the game more and more I'm quite impressed. The learning curve on this game is impressive, I've not seen such a sharp curve before.

From the MOO forums it seems the first rule is learn the empire wide controls, and don't try to micromanage.

One thing I just learned that I want to try... you can obsolete ship designs... I can stop the viceroys from thinking I need lots more scout ships.

Oh and the starship vs system ship seems to be done right! However I don't know yet if you can build a mother ship to transport system ships to another system.

As for all the talk about graphics quality... just shows you how shallow people are today, gameplay is the real key.

Go compare IGN and Gamespots reviews of MOO3... the Gamespot review just nitpicks little things, doesn't look at the potential of this game. I think that comes from not bothering to learn the game before reviewing it.

Anyway that's my 2 cents :)

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I'm not sure but I think I've seen the AI send the duel ships even on green planets. Whats nice later on is you can design colony ships that have 4+ colony pods in them so you can colonize anything with one ship.

The game has a very very steep learning curve. I didn't like the game all that much for the first 5-6 hrs I played it. But now its just like moo1, almost crack like.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Yeah this weekend I will play it some more and see how it goes. Otherwise I might just have to play some more Birth of the Federation :D

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
So playing this some more last night;

it wierd this is the forth game I've started and this time my colonies seem to be Troop Ship happy. Christ, everywhere I turn there building troop ships. I'm 90 turns into the game and I have over 15 troop ships (This is the drawback to Not Micromanaging). Ihave to figure out how to obsolete a design.

So anyway I have all these troop ships, how do you load troops onto them? There is a planet with the computer player on it and I want it. So how do I move my Ground forces I've made onto the Troopships in the Armada I made?

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I obsoleted the troop and scouts ships early on... poof, that problem fixed :) And as soon as you have shields you'll want to redesign all your war ships, makeing sure to obsolote the old versions.

As for using the troop ships, I've not gotten that far :frowning:

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Does anyone else have a problem with this?

When making new ship designs, everytime you create a ship design then want to creat another one as soon as you go into the tab to select the ship size, no matter what you select it automatically reverts back to Lancer/Orbital/LR.

Is there a way to change this or is this just an annoance to be put up with?

Also is there a way besides in the Oppressometer to stop spies from getting in to your empire?

Also did my first ground assualt. So once you use troops on one planet, what happens to them. I had them in a taskforce and the after I took the planet the troops and the ships were no longer in the fleet. Is this typical or is it (Troops and Ship) just hidden somewhere?

Still really enjoying this game.

Last question for now. How does this game play online? I've probably put 15 hours into this game and I've still got quite a ways to go. Are you able to save the game online and plan a time to come back to it with whomever your playing?

Mike Pattee

Second Unit

As far as I can tell the task force is disbanded and I think you can re-use them but I'm not sure.

haven't played online yet so I can't answer the last question.

Jamie Doucette

Stunt Coordinator
Also did my first ground assualt. So once you use troops on one planet, what happens to them. I had them in a taskforce and the after I took the planet the troops and the ships were no longer in the fleet. Is this typical or is it (Troops and Ship) just hidden somewhere?
If your troops are successful in a battle, they stay as a "garrison" on the planet you just conquered. If you go to the planet in question, click on the military TAB, then click on the Ground Forces TAB you will see your troops. If you wish to use these troops in another battle, click the unit (Division, Corp or Army) and select disband and they will go to a "delay reserve" for 1-6 turns after which they will go back into your main reserves for redeployment.

As for your Troop Transport Task Force, the same thing. Once they have unloaded their cargo, they go into the "delay box" for 1-6 turns, then back into your main reserves for redeployment.

TIP 1: If you wish to see what Ground Forces are in your delay reserves, pick any planet, Select the MILITARY TAB, then the ground force creation button and then finally select "DELAY" on the pull down tab.

TIP 2: If you wish to see what Starships are in the delay reserve, go to the shipyard tab on the main screen, select the Task Force Fleets tab in the Upper right, then it will have a showing of all your ships in fleets, reserves and delay reserves.

Hope that helps.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Yeah thanks.

I have so many troops in my reserves and ships in there I wasn't sure if they were there or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks