What's new

Anyone notice that one speaker seems to sound louder than the other? (1 Viewer)

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
I used to think that my right speaker sounded slightly louder than my left speaker. It wasn't a huge difference in sound, but I detected a difference nonetheless. At first I thought it wasn't significant. But then I decided to check the power plugs for the built in powered subs and the interconnects to the speakers to make sure everything was ok. I unplugged some of them and replugged them. Afterward the sound was MUCH better! Not surprisingly the imaging, soundstage, tightness of bass, and most apparent of all vocal clarity all became significantly better.
I used to like my 2000TL's a lot with music before...but now I will admit I am awed by their presentation of sound!
Try this at home and you may be pleasantly surprised.
[Edited last by Bob_A on August 10, 2001 at 11:56 PM]

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
Connections do vibrate loose and exposed copper does oxidize. Both effects can cause audible differences over time. Regular preventive maintenance (cleaning and tightening interconnections) can indeed make a significant improvement.

John H

Second Unit
When I had the original BP2000 and C/L/R 2000 I was always disapointed with the binding posts when using bananna plugs. They have a very shallow pin hole and will not accept the plug fully. I did try several manufactures models as some have a shorter reach.
I finally purchased some Link Removed
These solved the problem of loose banana plug connections.
I now use the BP2000TL and C/L/R 3000. They have changed over to an all metal binding post with a much deeper hole.
John
------------------
Link Removed

Gerald Levin

Auditioning
No question, you have a loose connecion somewhere.
------------------
I love being Jewish! Especially on
Saturdays when I temple my butt
off and have a 3:00pm bagel with
cream cheese and chives!
Israel eat your heart out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks