What's new

Anyone not centered onscreen are very quiet (Vizio Soundbar) (1 Viewer)

Jason Kepner

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I just recently picked up a Vizio 40" 5.1 Soundbar setup (model SB4051) and I'm noticing something I've not experienced in previous sound systems. In all my content be it a movie or Xbox One game anyone that isn't centered on the screen is hard to hear. Fallout 4 is really bad. If the character isn't front and center it's likely I will not even hear what they have to say. The intro to Tomorrowland is like this as well during the welcome speech between George and the off screen girl. At first I thought he was talking to himself until I realized there was a faint voice there.

Any ideas what could be causing this much difference in how loud these voices are? Everything is played through my Xbox One console to my 4K TV, and the TV is connected to the soundbar via the special HDMI port which understands the TV to control volume.

Thanks in advance.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
I would say check the levels in the soundbar. It looks like there are adjustments for bass, treble, center, surround and subwoofer levels. Turn the center down and see what happens. You should also check to see if night mode is on. It might boost the center while lowering everything else. If worse comes to worse turn off the surround and see how it sounds. You might just have to do a factory reset on that guy and see if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks