What's new

Anyone know if the 3 Herbie DVDs,(due May 4, 2004) will be WS or not? (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
wow, that's great news that they're coming out. I can only hope that they'll be widescreen. I've been waiting for these for a while.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I would also like to see the short-lived TV series based on the films. I've never seen it and would like to, as a historical curio.

Nicole P

Stunt Coordinator
Just out of interest - when the 4 disc Herbie set was released here in R4, only The Love Bug was widescreen. The three sequels were full screen.
However, since R1 generally gets better treatment and since the releases are separate, I do hope you will get WS transfers!

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Since it's from Disney, we probably won't find out until we see it in the store.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
If you wait until June 1st, you can get the Herbie The Love Bug: Complete Four-Film Collection. It's a bit cheaper at SRP $65.99

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Well that answers one question, whether the 2 disc SE was in the collection or not.

What is the quality of the first film? This DVD was never released in Canada.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Jeff: What do you mean by "the first film"? I have a Canadian copy of The Love Bug SE, if that's what you mean. It was not that easy to find, eventually found it buried at Wal-Mart, and cheap too.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, the Love Bug SE. None of the online retaillers have it. I don't have a Walmart within 100 miles of here...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i dont have any interest in the set if all films arent oar, and they arent.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
The first two films, "The Love Bug" and the sequel ,"Herbie Rides Again", were always my favorite of the four films.

Both are Widescreen 1.75:1 ratio, enhanced, and have DD 5.1 surround sound. Hope after purchasing both DVD's that this will tell Disney only OAR counts.

Paul

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"The other two will be full frame. Who knows why?"

Maybe because they're so horribly bad, not even light escapes their awfullness -- hence, putting an IP of "Herbie Goes Bananas" through a datacine could cause a chain reaction resulting in the complete destruction of the entire Universe?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks