What's new

Anyone Interested in a Outlaw 950 vs. HK 520 Pro/Pro only comparison? (1 Viewer)

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I have already purchased the 520, and it is on the way to my doorstep as we speak, but I also just got the confirmation email from Outlaw. I am thinking about purchasing the Outlaw and doing a comparison between the two pre/pro capabilities, and seeing which one comes out on top in comparison to the price. If anyone would be willing to purchase whichever one of the units I do now decide to keep at a reasonable price, then I would be glad to do this comparison. Any and all inquiries would be great.
So if I can get the ok from a couple of guys who would be willing to purchase the unit I decide not to keep, then I will definately go through with the comparison.

Oh, and BTW, the 520 is from OneCall, so there is a full manufaturer's warranty on the unit. I just couldnt help myself, at $570 shipped it's a friggin steal!

Chriss M

Second Unit
i'd be interested in the comparison, but i already have a 520 so i probably wouldn't want to purchase it, if you decide not to keep it :)

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
I too would be interested in the comparison as I'm using a HK 320 as a pre/pro. My only problem is that I don't know if I can give up the Logic 7.

I'd like to know if there is really much of a sound difference in 2 channel stereo.

I've considered ordering a 950 and trying it for 30 days, and my local Rotel dealer said that I could home demo a 1055 or 1066 if I wanted.

Phil

Brian O

Second Unit
This was my decision too. I once tried a HK 500 by itself for awhile and really like the 2 channel sound, but found it lacked a little oomph in 5.1 movie material. I now have 2 HK PA5800 Amps though.

I just got my 950 two days ago and am liking it quite a bit so far compared to the Denon 3300 I have been using as a Pre/Pro.

Let us know the results and what speakers and Amps you are using. I am sure you will be able to unload either one of those pieces quite easliy.

Steve T

Stunt Coordinator
Can't you just return the one you don't want? You should get 30 days to return the unit.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Chu Gai:
I believe that the Harman is a manufacturer's warranty, which is valid as long as the unit was purchased through an authorized dealer, and as for the Outlaw, I do not believe that it is a transferrable warranty
Steve:
As for returning the unit that I dont want, I just wanted to see if there were any people who were not able to get a good deal on the HK520 and would like a new, fully warrantied unit, and I do not think that OneCall does full refunds, only refunds on defective units, and any unit in which they cannot find the defect will incur a 15% restocking fee. And as for the Outlaw, if I decide not to keep it, I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who is way down the list/not on the list/just curious as to purchasing a brand new, fully corrected unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks