Anyone Interested in a Outlaw 950 vs. HK 520 Pro/Pro only comparison?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chung_sotheby, Sep 15, 2002.

1. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

I have already purchased the 520, and it is on the way to my doorstep as we speak, but I also just got the confirmation email from Outlaw. I am thinking about purchasing the Outlaw and doing a comparison between the two pre/pro capabilities, and seeing which one comes out on top in comparison to the price. If anyone would be willing to purchase whichever one of the units I do now decide to keep at a reasonable price, then I would be glad to do this comparison. Any and all inquiries would be great.
    So if I can get the ok from a couple of guys who would be willing to purchase the unit I decide not to keep, then I will definately go through with the comparison.

Oh, and BTW, the 520 is from OneCall, so there is a full manufaturer's warranty on the unit. I just couldnt help myself, at $570 shipped it's a friggin steal!

2. Chriss M

Chriss M Second Unit

i'd be interested in the comparison, but i already have a 520 so i probably wouldn't want to purchase it, if you decide not to keep it [​IMG]

3. Phil M

Phil M Stunt Coordinator

I too would be interested in the comparison as I'm using a HK 320 as a pre/pro. My only problem is that I don't know if I can give up the Logic 7.

I'd like to know if there is really much of a sound difference in 2 channel stereo.

I've considered ordering a 950 and trying it for 30 days, and my local Rotel dealer said that I could home demo a 1055 or 1066 if I wanted.

Phil

4. Brian O

Brian O Second Unit

This was my decision too. I once tried a HK 500 by itself for awhile and really like the 2 channel sound, but found it lacked a little oomph in 5.1 movie material. I now have 2 HK PA5800 Amps though.

I just got my 950 two days ago and am liking it quite a bit so far compared to the Denon 3300 I have been using as a Pre/Pro.

Let us know the results and what speakers and Amps you are using. I am sure you will be able to unload either one of those pieces quite easliy.

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

but its not a transferable warranty is it?

6. Steve T

Steve T Stunt Coordinator

Can't you just return the one you don't want? You should get 30 days to return the unit.

7. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

Chu Gai:
    I believe that the Harman is a manufacturer's warranty, which is valid as long as the unit was purchased through an authorized dealer, and as for the Outlaw, I do not believe that it is a transferrable warranty
    Steve:
    As for returning the unit that I dont want, I just wanted to see if there were any people who were not able to get a good deal on the HK520 and would like a new, fully warrantied unit, and I do not think that OneCall does full refunds, only refunds on defective units, and any unit in which they cannot find the defect will incur a 15% restocking fee. And as for the Outlaw, if I decide not to keep it, I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who is way down the list/not on the list/just curious as to purchasing a brand new, fully corrected unit.