What's new

Anyone here ever have a friend like Eddie Haskell? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I did. Last time I saw the guy he hadn’t changed. Ran into him in a doctors office 2 years ago. Still wanted to give him a knuckle sandwich lol ( I didn’t though)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Being the little brother, my older brother had a lot of "Eddy" friends that would come over, be extra nice to my parents, and generally cause my life to be hell when the parents weren't in eyesight anymore. They were at least 3 years older than I was, always bigger, and thought it was fun to beat me up. I try not to run into any of these guys. My brother was the same way until I got big enough to defend myself and once his target wasn't so easy to deal with, we never fought again.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yep. He'd borrow money and never pay it back directly but you'd be somewhere and he'd ask "Say... do you want that?" and if you said "Yes" then it's *BAM* you've been paid back (only took a couple of times and I never loaned him money again). Or make long distance phone calls to you and when the bill would come in tell the phone company he didn't make the call, dragging you into his sphere of deceit (I never lied for him - ever - made him quite mad - too bad). I got wise to him fairly early on and stopped putting up with his crap. We remained friends for years and he never tried to take advantage again - I also warned all my other friends about him just in case. The last time I heard anything about him it sounded like he'd never changed. I've not seen him in over 20 years.

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I had an older brother that was an Eddie Haskell, to everyone else (in one way or another), and especially me.

My next door neighbor, a year older than me was also one.
One day when I was about 7, when my mom was out, we were at my house looking for something to do.
We happened to be in the kitchen at the time.

He suggested we make a banana cake/bread.
Eager (beaver) that I was to please anyone and everyone, I looked in the pantry and took out a box, and we made the bread/cake.

I couldn't wait for my mom to come home so I could surprise and please her.

My friend had of course left before she came home, and when she did, I proudly showed her what I did.

She kind of got mad at me because before she left, she had already made one!
It was on a table in the back porch (similar to a mud room), cooling on top of a table.

My friend obviously saw that (but I didn't, since) we entered the house from the back door.

He's pulled other stuff that was worse, but that's the first one that came to mind.

Last edited:

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I waited on Ken @ one of the home improvement stores in North Hollywood I worked at in 1976/7.

I probably would have never recognized him if it weren't for his name tag on his police uniform.
When I saw his name on it, it was very evident, it was him.

He needed something in the lumber dept, but I can't remember exactly what.
He was personable and business-like and so was I.
In retrospect, I'm glad that I didn't deliberately acknowledge him and/or his character, or others of that ilk.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've been an Eddie Haskell magnet most of my life. Ranging from just being pranked to much more drawn out and sinister things.

A kid I grew up with was like Eddie on steroids. A significant and negative influence on my youth.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
When I was a kid my first cousin Robby would throw wood blocks at my head just about every time I reached for the front door on my way out. He also sucker punched me in the jaw at a bowling alley when I wasn't looking and then ran away. It took 3 of my friends to hold me back from killing him. To this day I still can't stand him!

He was a skinny sh*t-head just like Eddie! The only difference between then and now is that he isn't skinny anymore. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks