What's new

anyone have or listen to MIRAGE omnisat? (1 Viewer)

I listened to the omnisat line from Mirage at tweeter.
They sounded pretty good for small speakers. They had a good full sound no matter where I was standing in the room.

If anyone has some feedback on these speakers I would appreciate it.

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I would agree, I heard them a tweeter as well and they were impressive for a satellite speaker. If thats what you are in the market for then go for it and you can get them in different colors too!

Bob

The Omnisats retail for $249 each. The setup at tweeter is
2frnts 2 rears 1 center. Should I go with a different center? Also the salesman did not seem to want to come off the price. Is $249 each a good price?

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I think the design is cool but the sound quality is poor. I think the Bose sound better!Do an AB comparison with any other bookshelf speaker and you will see what I mean!

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
When you do an A/B please volume match and use an above average rcvr (no sony,kenwood,onkyo low-end models) , I think after doing this you'll prefer the Mirage over any other sattelite.....now, bookshelf speakers provide more competition (not Bose ,however) , but as always size often matters to many people'cause if it didn't we wouldn't even consider satelites at all.....I often ask people who are looking at satelites if they could possibly consider bookshelf speakers ...often the answer is "NO".....placement is also the most troublesome part of 95% of my hook-up/set-ups....most people do not have the luxury of placing speakers where they would sound best, but rather they must place them where decor allows....Omnisats solve many placement issues :)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Matt,
I'll take your word for it...I did not give them a very long audition. I AB'd them against a pair of Boston Acoustics VR-M60 bookshelf speakers and the fidelity difference was extremely apparent. Perhaps in a small room with a good sub they could shine?:)
Mike Sloan

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Mike ,if you can accomadate a larger speaker cabinet then by all means A/B differant bookshelf speakers , but if you must go small OR place them in an unusual location then try the omnisats on the floor/topo-da-tv/weird-corner-wallmount/odd-furniture-as-stands/etc......They are very forgiving of placement and can actually work with an 80hz x-over (unlike many satelites)>>>>>

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.