What's new

Anyone have Cambridge Soundworks MC50 sats? (1 Viewer)

Matt Jutras

Auditioning
I'm wondering if anybody has the MC50 sats and how they compare to the older Ensemble IV sats. I already have a 10" sub and an Onkyo 601 receiver.

I want to wall mount the 5 sats in 5.1 configuration with the sub in a corner. I know that the older Ensemble IV sats get great reviews, but are the MC50s worth double the price?

TIA

Anthony Urzi

Stunt Coordinator
you're using those for all 5 speakers not just the surrounds?

I take it budget is a strong point?
if you can at all swing a multipole design and a dedicated wide dispersion center i'd try to go that rought, but iofi the $250 for the 5 is yoru max they shoudl work adiquatly for you. The cubes work well from their creative labs side of the house, the desktop theatures and such theit 5, 6, amd 7.1 pc configurations.

maybe get 3 of thopse for your elft right and center and a pair of these for yoru rear http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...und/c1srd5zzz/

increases ya $50 though

I'm spoiled by the S300's myself, both on my soudn system, and my nomad playdock *more or less same speaker, differnt application*

Matt Jutras

Auditioning
yah its a small room so its more of a 'just for now' system until I get a house in a year or two...when I can put in what I REALLY want. Thanks for the advice and link , I think I will look into that some more.

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using MC50's for a while now, though I will be replacing them with DIY GR-Research AV series speakers soon!:) They sound good, but of course I expect my new speakers to be in a completely different audio universe than these, but for what they cost, they're great. My receiver is an H/K AVR125 for now.
And of course they absolutely wipe the floor with the bose cubes, I know this from first hand experience!;) (friend's bose, not mine)

High frequencies can be very harsh at loud volume levels, but it is only a single driver.

Matt Jutras

Auditioning
Jake, can you tell me a little more about your setup? Are you using 5 of the MC50s? How do you have your sub set up (crossover etc.) Thanks for your time

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I have 5 of them. My sub is a DIY Stryke AV15 crossed over at 100hz, which is my only option for now. The speakers are fine with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks