What's new

Anyone familiar with Toronto? (1 Viewer)

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I'll be going to a show at the Molson Ampitheatre in Toronto in June. I'm looking for a nice (not the HOJO) place to stay that is relatively close to the Ampitheatre. Also looking for restaurant recommendations and any other helpful Toronto info. Thanks! :emoji_thumbsup:

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Hi Mark,

I live in Toronto - it's a FANTASTIC city... very world class (think of a smaller version of New York). There's lots to do here, including a very active night life, shopping, fantastic restaurants, and about a million theaters. :)

You may want to check www.toronto.com - the information you're looking for in terms of accomodation should be there.

Good luck!

Moe.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Unlike Moe I don't live in Toronto; but I agree that it is a great city.

If you consider staying in an area that is pretty lively, instead of near the venue, my favoriate hotel in Toronto is in Yorkville.

The Windsor Arms is a very fine, small hotel where the personal service is second to none. It most certaintly meets your 'not Howard Johnson' requirement, especially the price.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Well there's a lot to choose from. For a few $$$ there's the Westin Harbour Castle which most definitely is not hojo. It is located on the lake about 5 minutes east of the Molsen Ampitheatre. Then for less $$ you have the Sheraton at Queen and York. The list is endless with dozens of downtown hotels in the area alone.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mark, check out the Hockey Hall of Fame while you are there. We usually stay at the Sheraton, but I'm not sure how close that is to the Molson Ampitheater (don't know where that's located).

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Molsen Ampitheatre is located at the Ex, near Ontario Place. Downtown is just east of that.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
The Sheraton on Queen St. W. (across from City Hall) is a decent choice. Just West of there begins a great section of Queen St. with lots of used CD and book stores plus some cool clubs (not to mention some seedy ones). It's slowly becoming a bit more upscale (Starbucks, Gap, etc.), but you still meet a huge variety of people down that way.

Having said that, I like Lew's idea. Yorkville is quite nice (very upscale - it's where all the Hollywood types can be found when they stay in Toronto during a movie shoot). It's also close to the subway as well as easy walking distance to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum).

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Spring Rolls on Yonge and Spring Rolls on Front are both excellent restaurants.

http://springrollsonline.com/

If you're in town when there's a game, the Rogers Centre (formerly SkyDome) is an excellent stadium for watching baseball. I suggest buying 500 level seats as close to the front of the deck as you can get -- they're $9 CDN and the view is spectacular. Best cheap seats in all of baseball.

What kind of food do you like?

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all of the suggestions so far.

Lew, I was really interested in staying at your recommended hotel, but they are booked for weekend I'll be in town.

Neil, thanks for pointing out exactly where the Molson Ampitheater is. Makes finding a hotel a bit easier.

Scott, I'll definitely be checking out the hockey hall of fame. Already had that one on the list!

Aaron, Springrolls looks like a place I'll probably check out. As far as what I like, pretty much anything. I enjoy trying new places, so I'm open to just about anything.

Jason L.

Second Unit
Wayne Gretzky's restaurant

Second City comedy troupe

Casa Loma castle

The Hockey Hall of Fame is a must. I'm not that much of a hockey fan but I think it is better than the NFL and NBA Hall of Fames. Plus, it is in the middle of a mall. You can pick up a slice of pizza at Sbarro, a Cinnabon, an Auntie M's pretzel, wash it down with an Orange Julius, and saunter over to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks