Anyone around Buffalo NY area? ( audition)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan J, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

I would like to hear an SVS sub....especially if I am going to buy one...I still have not made up my mind of what I am going to do yet.

Is there anyone near this area that has these subs? Or the tempest? I would love to audition one if at all possible.

Thanks
    Nate

2. Benny G

Benny G Second Unit

Or Michigan?? I need someone to convince me that I need an SVS.

3. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

I am in Canada just over the buffalo border, 'bout 30 minutes from the peace bridge or the rainbow. I have a blueprint 1503 DIY and paradigm reference mains. The sonosub or Solarsub[​IMG] as I like to call it sounds pretty killer and is capable of 115db at 20hz. Though I have to warn you that I only have about 600watts running it right now.

4. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

Shawn...is that the one that you had in your mcollege dorm or whatever? I think I saw that pic........

5. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Nathan,
    Check out Audio Envy. You can request to be contacted by an owner of a product in your area that wouldn't mind giving you a demo. There might not be anyone in your area but it's a good place to start. While I don't have an SVS really, I do have 2 of the original drivers. When put in a suitable enclosure they do sound top notch. And tech support from Tom has been great, especially when you consider that I've never even purchased anything from SVS! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Dan Hine

6. Shawn Solar

Shawn Solar Supporting Actor

Nathan I think you might be thinking of Anthony Gomez's dual sealed 1503's.Ijust finished it last weekend and haven't posted pictures of it yet. I have mine at home right now in a 18x19 room. I also have a BFD to tame the room problems and account for the inductance hump from the driver.