What's new

Anybody tried Walmart's rental service yet? (1 Viewer)

Linda_L

Auditioning
I having been using Netflix for 1 1/2 years now and have mixed feelings about it. I would think of changing to another service if I could get faster turnaround times and shorter waits on more titles. With Netflix it usually takes a full week from the time I send a title back to them and they send me a replacement. I am 2 hrs west of DFW. Also, even though I primarily rent classics I still find many of them have been on very long or long wait for more than 6 months.

I would like some feedback about Walmart rental service from anyone who has tried it. What kind of turnaround time have you guys experienced so far? Are most of the titles available now?

Thanks!

Linda

Linda_L

Auditioning
Well, after reading the thread mentioned above Walmart doesn't sound too promising. What about greencine.com? I like there selection of titles, but it is a couple of dollars more a month for 3 out and I wonder about their turnaround times. Does anyone know where they ship to and from?

Linda

BrandonG

Agent
Linda, you should have a 2-3 day turn around time if you are 2 hours outside of DFW. I live in Highland Park and I get movies in 2-3, usually 2 days on average. They recently opened a warehouse in Houston, so that is the reason for the great turn around time. Walmart only has ONE warehouse and that is in Georgia, so I wouldn't put too much hope in getting stuff faster. What town do you live in?

Linda_L

Auditioning
I live at Possum Kingdom Lake. It does take about 2 days for mine to get to Houston. But they one they send out to replace it has been taking at best 3 days but many times it is 4-6 days.
:)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
about the turnaround time for greencine.com:

everything comes from San Fransisco - that's their only distribution center.
I live in St. Louis and the turnaround time is typically 4 days. However, this week, two of them have taken at least 6 days.
The selection is very good, as is the customer service.
I wouldn't recommend them if you mostly rent A-titles (Spider-man, Windtalkers, etc.) but they are terrific for classic catalogue and independent films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks