What's new

Anybody Own Wharfedale speakers? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I just won a pair of Wharfedale Modus one.six speakers on uBid. I bid the opening price of $39, expecting to be outbid. I ended up winning the pair for something like $150 shipped! What should I expect? I'd love to see photos or hear testimonials on these or Wharfedales in general. They are for the stereo music system on the main level in my house. Not for "Critical Listening", but mostly for dinner music. They'll be replacing a pair of Aiwa bookshelf speakers from an old minisystem.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Not really, and the search yields lots of infmation as well. That thread actually prompted me to go to ubid and make my bid, not expecting it to actually go through. I was hoping for some pictures of these speakers in people's homes.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I was hoping for some pictures of these speakers in people's homes.
I don't have any pictures of mine yet. They're pretty ugly speakers IMHO. My "Maple" Infinity IL40s are much better looking. The Black Emerald 99s aren't too bad looking.

I guess I can take some pictures later of them when I get home. You can look on Wharfedale's site and see what they look at also.

Seth

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Philip,

The 1.6's are front and rear ported so placement is the key to good sound. The exposed rotating tweeter should help a great deal with imaging.

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Phil-
I just won a pair for $39.00 as well..Total shipped to Cali is $171.00. Congrats!
There's someone bidding right now on some Refurbs Modus 1.6 @ $100.00 each!..He should just wait for the new ones when they are available @ $39.00 each!
I would give links to pics once I have them loaded on my site.
I'm sure you will be AMAZED how the Modus 1.6 will sound and if you think Dinner Music sounds good..wait till you listen to them and you'll be LISTENING TO ROB ZOMBIE for Dinner quite a bit!!..hehehe:D
Angelo

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I think I'll be listening to Miles Davis and John Coltrane on them more likely. :) My idea of dinner music is 50s bee-bop not Rob Zombie. :) I'm really looking forward to getting these speakers and giving them a listen.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
There's someone bidding right now on some Refurbs Modus 1.6 @ $100.00 each!..He should just wait for the new ones when they are available @ $39.00 each!
I hope he didn't see that the other winning bids were as low as $15 on that auction. Well... Actually... I hope he did.

You guys should check out the other Wharfedale post where I mentioned the results of putting more than 500W RMS on an Emerald 99.

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks