Anybody Own Wharfedale speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip Hamm, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I just won a pair of Wharfedale Modus one.six speakers on uBid. I bid the opening price of $39, expecting to be outbid. I ended up winning the pair for something like $150 shipped! What should I expect? I'd love to see photos or hear testimonials on these or Wharfedales in general. They are for the stereo music system on the main level in my house. Not for "Critical Listening", but mostly for dinner music. They'll be replacing a pair of Aiwa bookshelf speakers from an old minisystem.

2. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Not really, and the search yields lots of infmation as well. That thread actually prompted me to go to ubid and make my bid, not expecting it to actually go through. I was hoping for some pictures of these speakers in people's homes.

4. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

5. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Philip,

The 1.6's are front and rear ported so placement is the key to good sound. The exposed rotating tweeter should help a great deal with imaging.

6. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter

7. Angelo_Petralba

Angelo_Petralba Second Unit

Phil-
    I just won a pair for $39.00 as well..Total shipped to Cali is $171.00. Congrats!
    There's someone bidding right now on some Refurbs Modus 1.6 @ $100.00 each!..He should just wait for the new ones when they are available @ $39.00 each!
    I would give links to pics once I have them loaded on my site.
    I'm sure you will be AMAZED how the Modus 1.6 will sound and if you think Dinner Music sounds good..wait till you listen to them and you'll be LISTENING TO ROB ZOMBIE for Dinner quite a bit!!..hehehe[​IMG]
    Angelo

8. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I think I'll be listening to Miles Davis and John Coltrane on them more likely. [​IMG] My idea of dinner music is 50s bee-bop not Rob Zombie. [​IMG] I'm really looking forward to getting these speakers and giving them a listen.

9. Seth_L

Seth_L Screenwriter