Anybody Know Where To Find A COMPLETE List Of All Available DVD-Audio Discs?

Discussion in 'Music' started by David Von Pein, Oct 6, 2003.

1. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Is there a website that will list every DVD-A title on the market (to date)?

Also ..... Does anyone know if the future looks bright or bleak for DVD-Audio? The format doesn't seem to be growing by leaps & bounds.

It's very curious (to me) that Amazon hasn't added a single DVD-A title to its on-line listings since early 2002. The same 51 titles have been there forever it seems. Whereas, DVD Empire has 440 listed on its site. Unusual, I thought, for Amazon to drag behind like that. Normally, "The Big A" (Amazon) is one of the first places to look for just about anything. But not so with DVD-A.

2. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

I've noticed the same thing with Amazon - and some other 'Big Stores' in regard to DVD-A; some stuff is really hard to find.

Classic case of BAD MARKETING here, folks. My HMV store sticks the DVD-Audio titles in with the Music DVDs, you know, the concert DVDs and stuff. Makes for frustrating browsing. I don't know if stores are like this in the US, but over here in Britain it is a pain in the ass to get many DVD-A titles - and getting them at a fair price is hard too.

If you speak Joe Sixpack, he'll say "Super Audio-what-now?!" and "DVD-A? DVD-Audio? You mean DVD with no picture?!!!" or some confused mutterings to that effect. If Sony, Warner, etc want DVD-A and SACD to make them even more money they have really got to get to work on MAJOR marketing campaigns. Pet Sounds was released without a murmour in this country! Madness!

Both DVD-A and SACD are great new formats and I intend to buy a lot of albums.

Gordy

3. PhilBoy

PhilBoy Second Unit

DVD eh? essay CD?

This seems to be the normal reaction at most retailers when you ask for either one...

I own one of each, but I have yet to hear the Hi-Res tracks.

I think what is really holding up these 2 technologies from taking of is the fear of copyright infringement... (analog out on players, expensive cabling to connect etc.)

By trying to prevent copying, the 'music folks' have crippled 2 wonderful formats for those of us who love music (and don't mind paying for quality).

In another post on this site someone asks who owns this equipment. I think there are 2 replies posted.

On another forum I asked about the Audigy DVD-A capability, no reply.

4. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

5. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

6. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
  7. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

8. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Thanks for the links.

[​IMG]

9. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul
    Maybe it's a temporary fluke . . . maybe they've been hacked . . . but what happened to www.DVDAudioPreview.com? As of this typing, this poorly-maintained (former?) Warner DVD-Audio information site is a completely non-audio related search engine . . . [​IMG]

-p

10. MatS

MatS Screenwriter