What's new

Anybody Know Where To Find A COMPLETE List Of All Available DVD-Audio Discs? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Is there a website that will list every DVD-A title on the market (to date)?

Also ..... Does anyone know if the future looks bright or bleak for DVD-Audio? The format doesn't seem to be growing by leaps & bounds.

It's very curious (to me) that Amazon hasn't added a single DVD-A title to its on-line listings since early 2002. The same 51 titles have been there forever it seems. Whereas, DVD Empire has 440 listed on its site. Unusual, I thought, for Amazon to drag behind like that. Normally, "The Big A" (Amazon) is one of the first places to look for just about anything. But not so with DVD-A.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I've noticed the same thing with Amazon - and some other 'Big Stores' in regard to DVD-A; some stuff is really hard to find.

Classic case of BAD MARKETING here, folks. My HMV store sticks the DVD-Audio titles in with the Music DVDs, you know, the concert DVDs and stuff. Makes for frustrating browsing. I don't know if stores are like this in the US, but over here in Britain it is a pain in the ass to get many DVD-A titles - and getting them at a fair price is hard too.

If you speak Joe Sixpack, he'll say "Super Audio-what-now?!" and "DVD-A? DVD-Audio? You mean DVD with no picture?!!!" or some confused mutterings to that effect. If Sony, Warner, etc want DVD-A and SACD to make them even more money they have really got to get to work on MAJOR marketing campaigns. Pet Sounds was released without a murmour in this country! Madness!

Both DVD-A and SACD are great new formats and I intend to buy a lot of albums.

Gordy

PhilBoy

Second Unit
DVD eh? essay CD?

This seems to be the normal reaction at most retailers when you ask for either one...

I own one of each, but I have yet to hear the Hi-Res tracks.

I think what is really holding up these 2 technologies from taking of is the fear of copyright infringement... (analog out on players, expensive cabling to connect etc.)

By trying to prevent copying, the 'music folks' have crippled 2 wonderful formats for those of us who love music (and don't mind paying for quality).

In another post on this site someone asks who owns this equipment. I think there are 2 replies posted.

On another forum I asked about the Audigy DVD-A capability, no reply.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
It's very curious (to me) that Amazon hasn't added a single DVD-A title to its on-line listings since early 2002. The same 51 titles have been there forever it seems. Whereas, DVD Empire has 440 listed on its site. Unusual, I thought, for Amazon to drag behind like that. Normally, "The Big A" (Amazon) is one of the first places to look for just about anything. But not so with DVD-A.
Amazon actually carries most DVD-A discs, except they are not listed in their DVD-A section (which also contains an unupdated SACD section...talk about confusing consumers). You have to know the titles and then search for the album, and you will find their offerings.

For a fairly decent DVD-A section, check out Circuit City's website in the Music section. As far as a complete listing, I am not sure which site has such a beast.

J

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Maybe it's a temporary fluke . . . maybe they've been hacked . . . but what happened to www.DVDAudioPreview.com? As of this typing, this poorly-maintained (former?) Warner DVD-Audio information site is a completely non-audio related search engine . . . :confused:

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks