What's new

Anybody have a 54" AKAI or or experience with them (1 Viewer)

Brad_V

Second Unit
Hey, Justin, I hope you make sure to tell all of us what TV you wind up buying. Who knows, maybe you'll even catch that 55" Toshiba on clearance like you wanted.

JustinPaul

Grip
This is a really old post, but just figured I would post this, I waited and waited and waited some more for sams to put the 55 inch on sale and even called all sams in a 300 mile radius and they never did. Finaly I went to avsforum browsing one day and started reading the crt projector forum and bought a barco data 800 and now I am looking at a marquee. Out of curiosity have prices on 50" hdtvs droped to $1400 yet? ;) I haven't looked at any for quite a while now that I got hooked on an eight foot screen. But an rptv would be a hell of a lot easier.
Justin P

I just bought my first HDTV being the Akai PTH5498, 54" HDTV for 1299$ from Sam's.
So far no problems have occured except having to buy a progressive dvd player for it.My old Pioneer 353K interlaced player made allot of banding and shadowy horizontal lines in dark scenes.I thought it was the TV but was shown wrong by a friend that I needed a progressive scan player for it.So far the quality for the price is awesome and plus it's all Samsung guts in the inside, different name on the outside.
I've calibrated it with my S&V disc, turned off the SVM and all is grand.:)
And I noticed on Sam's website today they now have a 51" Panny PT-51HX42 HDTV for the same price of 1299$.
But if you're looking for 54" I give the PTH5498 I now own a good thumbs up.
smiley_thumb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks