What's new

Anybody else get screwed on Stargate rebate? (1 Viewer)

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
I was thinking about posting this in studio and manufacturer feedback area but felt it might be seen more here.

I just got screwed on the offer from Artisan to get $5.00 back if you upgrade from the old SE to the new Ultimate version of Stargate.

I got a form back from them saying that I am receiving this notification because unfortunately, I have not complied with the terms of the offer. Specifically, the purchase was made before or after the rebate offer.

I have to tell you this really sucks, because I bought the disc through Deep Discount DVD and pre-ordered it. The only thing I can think of is that since the disc was shipped to me before the release date (I got it on the release date), they are weaseling out of the deal on the grounds that I bought the disc before the rebate was in effect.

Another thing that really stinks about the reply is that they offer no way to get in touch with anyone to dispute the claim. In their eyes, it's a done deal.

Has anyone else experienced this problem yet? I'm sure that there are a lot of you who also pre-ordered this disc and had it shipped to you early. Is there anyone we can get in touch with to correct this error by the fulfillment company that's handling this for Artisan?

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
The language in the rebates is pretty clear. The rebate is only good for purchases made between specific dates, and your purchase was made outside those dates. There was no screwing about it.

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I kinda screwed myself a different way. I used the UPC code from the Special Edition for some other promo they were running at the time.
Oh well

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was womdering about this also and posted it in another thread that no one responded to.

i pre ordered it from dddvd.com too. and the receipt has the date shipped not the date of release.

i havent sent in for the rebate yet waiting for something to tell me if there is a work around on this.

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
It seems to me that what they did to me with this release is a bit unfair. I got the disc on release date. The fact that it was shipped a few days early by DDD shouldn't make any difference. I had the old disc and purchased the new damn disc before the cut off date on the end of the offer. It seems like the fulfillment people are splitting hairs a little bit. The point of the dates in the offer is to be sure people know when the new disc is to come out, and when the offer ends. I suspect there are a lot of people who bought this online who are going to be a little upset when they get this form letter from the fulfillment people. That really was my whole point with this post.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
The language in the rebates is pretty clear. The rebate is only good for purchases made between specific dates, and your purchase was made outside those dates. There was no screwing about it.
Sorry Ken, that's just wrong.

The "start" date on all these rebate offers is always the street date. Anybody who preorders online doesn't really get the product before that start date, and usually doesn't part with his money until then. It isn't the consumer's fault. It's the stupid processing people who put the blinders on and only look at dates without applying any common sense.

For the record, I've never had a problem on one of these type offers. I've usually circled the date on my receipt and wrote a note next to it saying "preordered before release date, but not charged or received until ..."

The real solution is for the rebate offers to stop requiring a "start" date -- it serves no purpose.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
Same thing happened to me w/DDD pre-order. I was a little leery of the terms but hoped they would understand; guess not. At least I got most of my money back from selling the old version. :)

Brian E

Screenwriter
Anyone tried contacting Artisan CS? Not the rebate clearing house, but Artisan themselves? They may not even be aware that it is happening.

jonathan_little

Stunt Coordinator
I'd write back to them and explain your situation. Being nitpicky like that with your customers is nothing more than a good way to lose them forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks