What's new

Anybody else get a console for Christmas? (1 Viewer)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Just wanted to say thanks for your post Jantzen. I've been wondering about multiplayer games on the Gamecube and reading your evaluation was helpful. I too got a Cube for Christmas and have been enjoying Wave Race the most. The other game I have is Pikmin, but I'm saving that for when I get home to my big TV. Watching so many little characters on the 13" set in my parent's guestroom was giving me headaches! My component video cable is on its way to my house so hopefully it'll be there waiting for me when I get back into town.

Pieter

Dave Rhodes

Auditioning
I got a Jet Black Gamecube, one Memory Card 59, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader, a nasty cold that is preventing me to play my Gamcube since the meds make my all dopey (I'm getting some good fun in my other presents) to engage in the action that requires a level head in SWRS2RL, and for the Dreamcast I got The House of the Dead 2 and Confidential Mission. Lightgun games while on Nyquil is good fun. Too bad NyQuil makes me crash into AT-ATs and argue with Pac-Man
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif
. I should be getting Jak & Daxter any time now, I send a family memeber out for it this afternoon. I'll prolly die on the first guy, but oh well.Oh, and I got Rayman for the PSX.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I say we change this thread to be about what games/consoles people got instead of just consoles, since it seems to be focusing equally on games.

erik bush

Agent
my wife bought me a ps2 and dave mirra 2 for xmas! she rocks! and i got best buy gift cards, so gta3 will be showing up on my shelf soon.

~erik

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
wife got me an XBox. Looks amazing on the 133" 16:9 screen through the HD pack and sounds amazing with 5.1 DD sound. Halo rocks :)
As a side note, the wife likes to watch us play NFL 2002, she says it is like watching a real football game, especially when her beloved Packers beat up my Cowboys... :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine got a PS2 for Christmas, but he went with his mom when she bought it, so he knew he was getting it. He made sure that it would be all ready to be set up on X-mas day (he got the cables all hooked up since he needed an RF adapter) and also got a few games, like GTA3.

I'm a newbie to this forum but I wanted to comment here on my BONUS XMas!!! The last serious console I've owned was an SNES.
Wife bought me an XBox, HD Pack, extra controller, Halo & Obi-Wan. I went out on the 26th and picked up EA's Madden 2002 and NHL 2002 using XMas cash and trade-ins. All of these play wonderfully on my Tosh 57H81 using component cables and DD5.1 :D
If you want a 2-player game that kicks some butt then you must play Halo in Co-Op mode!!! My cousing and I played through the first 3 levels together and it was totally cool. Then my brother started up with me when my cousin left and we finished 2 more levels. The cool thing is that I can play solo right where we all left off and then they can rejoin me in Co-Op from where I stop. NO RESTARTS REQUIRED :)
Funny thing is that we had picked up a $50 Dreamcast at BestBuy on the day after Thanksgiving. Now my wife plays our Dreamcast - she loves Ms. PacMan Adventures and Centipede plus I got her the Atari Anniversary Pack.

Jim Can

Stunt Coordinator
My Wife and kids bought me an XBOX! they also got me NHL 2002 and DOA3. I already have a PS2 so I wasn't sure if I wanted the XBOX or not. I can tell you that I am sure glad I opened it! This thing rocks. I did have to exchange it though, the first one was bad, the new one works great.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
My wife and I split the cost of a gamecube with some of the money we got for xmass.

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
My wife surprised the hell out of me by giving me (& my 4 year old son) an X-Box for Christmas!
Also got the HDTV pack, DVD remote, Halo, Dead Or Alive 3, & Munch (not opened yet & may exchange).
After owning nearly every game console since Pong,
I was trying to hold off on purchasing an X-Box for a while because I thought it may have been a bit much, but er I think I'll keep it. :)
This was after her just buying us a Gamecube at its release (with Luigi, Rouge Leader, & Wave Race) in November mind you, and I already own a PSX 2 & Dreamcast (with a slew of games) since their initial release.
Its actually bit overwhelming.
I have more games than time.
I'm not complaining though.
Todd

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Todd, this may be a little late to say (since you're obviously committed to eachother) but after all the stuff she's bought you, she's a keeper!

Now I just gotta find one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks