What's new

Any recommendations? Thinking of getting the Juice Man II (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
You realize of course that you'll need to buy pounds and pounds of the veggies and fruits to get a glassful. And the fruits will need to be used before they get overripe or rotten.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Yeah, we have one, used it for about a week before packing it away in our garage. In the end, we felt we'd be better off just buying V8 or something. I just was amazed at how little juice was produced by the vegetables we put in.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Quality juicers are not much different. 10 years ago this was all the fad. Most people, myself included, discovered that the yields were very low. Buy organic juices if you're concerned. Better yet, eat the apples, pears, oranges, etc. rather then just the juice. They're selling the Juiceman as a "quality product" but it is basically the same as all the others I'm afraid. The pulp is good for you (that's why it's better to eat dem Apples rather then juicing them).

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Well, just because you're juicing doesn't mean that you should quit eating fruits and veggies for fiber.

Like I said, I think most people went into Kmart and bought the ubiqitous $55 brand x model and hope to get proper juicing - not gonna happen. It's like buying KLH speakers and saying all speakers suck.

Here is a comparison link:

http://buyjuicers.com/compare.html

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Actually I purchased my juicer from one of the myriad ads running on tv. The main problem is still that you need an awful lot of fruits or veggies to get a decent yield. Indeed some are better then others, but I still think its a waste of money. There is no advantage to drinking juice you just made, except maybe for the taste. You seem to be intent on buying a juicer so go ahead and enjoy.

Hey, KLH speakers used to be great when Henry Kloss ran the company. The name was eventually bought by a Taiwanese firm and, you're right, the product stinks now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i disagree about the pounds of fruit to get little bit of juice.

i've been using them for about 10 years at least.
from cheap to better models.
i love the juice i get from them.

i'm very tempted to get tge JM II, as i can drop an entire piece of fruit in there without cutting it up.
but i just dont want to spend $150 on one of these right now.

the juice you can make is alot better then a v8, fresh and very tasty.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
http://www.buythebullet.com/index.asp

This is my new obsession! I saw this infomercial and I thought, I don't need a juicer or a blender, and since it makes one serving at a time in its own glass, nothing will go bad!

It's all I can do not to buy this amazing thing. The infomercial put me in a trance!

MC

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ouch why would i spend 100 on that when i can get a full size juice man 2 for $100?

Lary Larson

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a JMII. The juice is awesome and I was amazed at how little waste there was (I run the waste through a second time just to wring out every last drop).

Cons:
  • fruit cost runs me about $20-30 for a 2 quart pitcher
  • prep time - takes awhile to clean & chop all that stuff
  • cleanup isn't too bad, but getting all the pulp off the screen is a bit of a chore
  • diarrhea and/or gas - you've been warned. Seriously, it's tempting to just drink & drink the incredible nectar you created the first time out, but you'll pay if you do. Oh how you'll pay.

I only juice about once a month - half the reason is for the above cons, the other half is because I'm pretty lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks