What's new

Any receivers with two 6 channel inputs? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I was wondering. I want to buy a SACD player, but my Marantz SR-7000 only has one 6 channel input and I already have a dvd-audio player hooked up to it. If I want SACD too. do I need to buy a receiver with 2 sets of 6 channel inputs? Are there any receivers with 2 sets?
------------------
"I'm your Huckelberry"

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Damn, now that's forward thinking. Of course, considering its priced well over 3 grand it sure as hell better be expandable. But 2 8-channel inputs?!? Man that's smart.
Is one of those for pre-ins? Or are they both normal selectable inputs?

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Well, if you mean the regular external 5.1 input, yes. I know 7.1, wow. Thats nice.
cool.gif

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Keith,
You can do anything you want with either.
Obviously, the extra 2 channels are not necessary yet, but who knows what the future will hold. Also, many have found the 5800 for $2.5k, well worth it! :)
Jer

James St

Supporting Actor
The new Sony ES receivers have 5.1 and 7.1 channel inputs plus 7.1 channel pre-outs. The STR-DA3ES/STR-DA5ES retail at $1,000/$1,500 respectively.

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
The Sony STR-DE1075 (which retails for about $500) has two sets of decoder inputs (a 5.1 and 6.1). If you're looking for something under $1000, this is the only receiver I've seen that is like this.
------------------

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
Those who have found it for 2.5k may want to check with denon if the e-tailer/retailer that they purchased from is authorized,because if not,there goes your upgradeability vis-a-vie software/hardware because while many argue about warranty from unauthorized vendors,no one believes that denon will allow these units to be upgraded

Chris-C

Stunt Coordinator
Don't need two sets of inputs!
To hook up an extra player (SACD and DVDA) all you have to use is Y adapters.(Rat Shack or others).
I've done it this way (as many have) with absolutely NO problem.
Both players (Pany 91 DVDA/Sony 775 SACD) sound perfect this way, with No analog conflict.
Just a tip to save $$$$$$$
CC Rider
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks