What's new

Any news on Standoff (2006) or Saved (2006) (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Two popular shows from 2006 which I was certain would be released on DVD after the end of their first season, anyone heard about releases for these shows?

From IMDB
Standoff (2006)
There's no crisis situation they can't handle...unless it involves each other. Matt Flannery (Ron Livingston) and Emily Lehman (Rosemarie DeWitt) are the top-ranked negotiators in the FBI's Crisis Negotiation Unit (CNU). They're trained to talk their way through volatile situations. They're experts at knowing what makes other people tick. They're also sleeping together ... a secret that they agreed to keep to themselves, until Matt revealed it to the entire world during a tense hostage standoff. The public revelation causes friction between Matt, who doesn't take much seriously and relies on gut instinct, and Emily, an academic who analyzes every move. Their relationship also gets them into major trouble with their boss, Cheryl Carrera (Gina Torres), head of the Los Angeles CNU, and raises eyebrows among their CNU colleagues, including intelligence officer Lia Mathers (Raquel Alessi). While Matt and Emily should be split up for being romantically involved, they're too valuable as a team. Together, they're among the best in their field; Cheryl knows it, and they know it. Week to week, Matt and Emily tackle much more than hostage crises. The CNU is called in to resolve everything from kidnappings and high-risk suicides to bomb threats, stalking cases and gang violence.

Saved (2006)
A paramedic (Scott) deals with his gambling addiction and troubled relationship with his girlfriend.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I'm hoping that Saved will come out on DVD. I was looking forward to watching it because of Tom Everett Scott (who I really like) so I was really disappointed when not only was the show cancelled but there's also no DVD in sight.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I watched (and liked) Standoff, but I would hardly call it "popular", since Fox kept pulling it off the schedule and it failed to get picked up for a second season.

Kind of like calling the Ed O'Neill Dragnet a popular show.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
wish they would hurry up and release these shows, especially Saved

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
its a shame we still heard nothing on releases for these two shows

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't Stand-off in a similar situation as the Ed O'Neill Dragnet as far as DVDs go (something was planned and/or announced, but pulled when the show headed for the chopping block)?

And, FYI, I liked both series (felt Dragnet was better off in its first-season format, though).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks