What's new

Any news on Mission Impossible franchise getting lossless audio ? (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Until MI hits 4K UHD and with lossless audio I will stick with my HD-DVD's.

I'm thinking that next summer with part 6 would be good timing for uhd releases.
Does Warner manage the paramount catalogue now?
If I recall a few select titles remained with paramount: Star Trek and transfarters....?

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I wonder if we'll ever see U.S. releases with lossless audio to coincide with the new films, maybe in a boxed set? Yeah, probably about the same chance as the extras from the two-disc version of III ever show up again. Unless I go 4K, I guess I should starting looking at those Scandinavian releases....

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I wonder if we'll ever see U.S. releases with lossless audio to coincide with the new films, maybe in a boxed set? Yeah, probably about the same chance as the extras from the two-disc version of III ever show up again. Unless I go 4K, I guess I should starting looking at those Scandinavian releases....

Agreed.

The only one I see myself rebuying is the first film.
I have 3 on digital hd and the later 2 on blu ray.
I held off the blu ray of the first film as the reviews were not great. Also the audio decision for the U.S. blu ray was just silly.

I have no interest in 2. I saw it at a $1 cinema and that was enough. I was laughing during the fight scenes of that one.

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Apparently, the new 4K releases just bundle the old releases on BD with them. I guess we can kiss the chances of ever getting lossless audio goodbye. Did they do a boxed set of just the trilogy in Scandinavia, or do I have to get the set with all four?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Apparently, the new 4K releases just bundle the old releases on BD with them. I guess we can kiss the chances of ever getting lossless audio goodbye. Did they do a boxed set of just the trilogy in Scandinavia, or do I have to get the set with all four?

Correct. I was disappointed with this news.
I still plan on going UHd but it’ll be a while.
So I’m in no hurry to pick up the UHd mission impossible...

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Not sure. Is this the Scandinavian set?

Does amazon uk carry that one? I’ve had good luck ordering from amazon uk and amazon Italy.

I don’t think Amazon does; it’s the Scandinavian release with the lossless audio. I’m trying to order through the links provided, but having trouble navigating the site.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Are you referring to the Laserdisken site? If so here is a translation of their registration page and their step-by-step ordering procedure translated from Danish to English that I provided for a Canadian a while back:

You will have to register using this page, the fields marked with an asterisk * are mandatory.

Brugernavn: * (Username)
Password: * (self explanatory)
Password (igen): * (repeat password)

E-mail: * (again self explanatory)
Ja tak, send mig Laser News (newsletter, in Danish, optional)

Mobilnr: (Cellphone number)

Kaldenavn: (A nickname for use if posting in the forum or making a review otherwise your full name is posted)
Fornavn: * (First name)
Efternavn: * (Last name/Surname)
Adresse: * (Street Address)
Adresse: (Address line 2, if required (can be used for Territory/State/County and so forth))
Postnr: * (Zipcode)
By: (Town)
Land: * (Country)
Telefonnr: (Landline)

The button that reads "Jeg vil registrere mig som ny bruger" confirms that you want to register as a member.
After that you should be set to place an order by going to the product page and putting the item in your basket.

Their step-by-step goes like this:

Trin for trin (Step-by-step)
Købsprocedure (Purchase procedure)
Trin 1 Log ind. (Step 1 - Log in)
Trin 2 Kontrollér kurvens indhold og dit navn og adresse. (Step 2 - Check contents of basket and your name and address)
Trin 3 Vælg betalingsform. (Step 3 - Choose form of payment (VISA as well as MasterCard are accepted) Select the "Betal med betalingskort" (Pay with card) directly under the header that says "Forsendelse (porto beregnes i trin 4)" which means "Shipping (shipping cost calculated in step 4)")
Trin 4 Bekræft bestilling. (Step 4 - Confirm order by clicking "Til sikker betaling" (To secure payment))
Trin 5 Indtast oplysninger om betalingskort. (Step 5 - Enter payment details)

Hope this helps?

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Finally got my order to process! Luckily, one of the higher-ups at the website spoke English and helped me out. Now it's just going to be a good few weeks before it even gets here.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Finally got my order to process! Luckily, one of the higher-ups at the website spoke English and helped me out. Now it's just going to be a good few weeks before it even gets here.

Great! Glad it worked out. Be sure to post your thoughts after viewing them too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks