What's new

Any News On Emergency!? (1 Viewer)

Jim Saunders

Agent
I saw it was on the long list posted on tvshowsondvd.com the other day, but couldnt find anything about it on their website. It's a title I remember fondly from my childhood (along with CHIPs) and I would love to own. Anyone know anything? I'm aware of the Columbia House offer and I'm not interested in that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, it was one of the first titles Universal announced back in 2002, I think was the year. I haven't heard anything official since then, but Dave at TVShowsOnDVD has it listed as one of the likely-in-2005 releases. I can't wait for it. The good news is, Universal can't screw it up with music replacement, since the show was pretty much devoid of that element. Too bad, as I hear Doc Early and Dixie could really belt out the tunes! :D Also, it's been showing locally for a while now, but I haven't been watching it in anticipation of the DVD release.

Jim Saunders

Agent
Well, I live in the LA market and the only place I've seen it (including cable or satellite) in the last 4-6 years is on one of the Hispanic channels (dubbed, heehee), and that was a few years ago.

I'm not sure how amazing they could make the prints look. I wouldn't expect much. But I would expect it to do better then SWAT with about the same features and price.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A reader recently wrote and asked me virtually the same questin that Jim poses above. Here's the important part of my reply to him:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
It's one of the only shows that I'm waiting on. I adored this show growing up and still watch whenever I catch a re-run on accident. The last I saw of it was a few years back on TVLand.:D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Talk to doctors, firemen, and paramedics of a certain age, and you'll often hear that Emergency! inspired them to their positions. The doctors will often laugh at the inaccuracies, but they still enjoy and respect the show.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Count me in for Complete Season sets for this show!!! It was one of my FAVS growing up in the 1970's....

:cool:

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
As a kid I had quite the crush on Julie London as nurse Dixie McCall! Mind you, this was before I discovered what a great singer she was. BTW, Randolph Mantooth (who played John Gage) recently joined the cast of "As The World Turns". Include me too among the many who'd love to see a DVD release of Emergency!, along with Adam-12 and the 1967-70 Dragnet.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Her albums are still highly prized by those who love "cheesecake" LP covers. She's an attractive lady, but her covers aren't my personal favorites. But, others disagree.

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
I'm also a big fan of the show and hope that Universal will release it within the not so distant future. This is one show I don't believe will be delayed due to music issues.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
This is GREAT news! I've been waiting for this show and will be first in line to pick it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks