What's new

Any news from Fox on 3 Women? (1 Viewer)

MichaelBryant

Stunt Coordinator
I just read in the Fox chat from early Dec that 3 Women would be released but not by Fox. Have there been any updates since that chat? I want this title so bad!

MichaelBryant

Stunt Coordinator
Her performance in this movie is one of her best! It's been so long since I've seen this movie and never in widescreen. Ugh! I HATE waiting!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
??? w/o digging the chat up, I thought I recollect Peter say FOX *would* be releasing 3W --hmmm...in other FOX MIA news, I recall a previous chat
that VANISHING POINT would be out...well, it is...in Japan.....

Pete L

Agent
I've long wondered why this title has never been released in any home video format all these years, especially given its critical acclaim.
It sure will be nice to see it come to DVD.

PatrickL

Deceased Member
Mark, here's what he said at the chat:

The good news is that 3 Women will be coming out on DVD, but Fox will not be releasing it - not sure if that's bad news but when we can announce how we are bringing it to market it will make a lot of people on the board excited!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
ok, NOW i remember..thanks, Patrick

but this has me curious:

"...when we can announce *how*we* are bringing it to market ..."

So they still own it...but...

...CRITERION/AB treatment? a disc in every box of Count Chocula?

...a DHBO "Macrovision-free" night for taping?

Im dying here!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
*cough*CRITERION*cough*

Sorry, I have a cold ;)

(At least that's what I thought Peter was inferring with that comment. YMMV :D )

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I think many people (myself included) were hoping that comment meant Criterion.

I mean, who else could be releasing it that might make us "excited"?

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...THAT would be a dream come true. Though FOX and CRITERION have never 'collaberated' before, (that I know of) and they put out such great SEs themselves....but I guess theres always a first time....now, if they could get started on Vanishing Point, and Emperor of the North ...(in keeping to a theme of small, MIA foxfilms...)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
...Emperor of the North...
Emperor of the North Pole if you please.

That was the original title.

Hopefully if the movie does come out on DVD, it will bear that title, as the shortened title doesn't really make sense in context of the film.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I expected to see a DVD of 3 Women by now. I saw a new print of this at Roger Ebert's Overlooked Film Festival in 2001. (OK, make that half a new print... The first half turned up missing, so I saw a worn first half and a pristine second half.) One would think a new print would indicate remastering for a DVD release. I guess not, so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks