What's new

Any music performances shot in widescreen? (1 Viewer)

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I was at BB today looking for something in the rock or electronic genre to watch. I was looking at DVDs from Nine Inch Nails, Linkin Park, Moby and a couple of others - but I didn't buy any of them because I got the feeling that none of them were widescreen.. Bad enough that Tool's DVD video compilation wasn't, that still bums me out.

Anyone know of any that are?

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Oasis: Familiar to Millions is widescreen (16x9)

Queen: We Will Rock You is also 16x9

The Freddie MErcury Tribute concert was broadcast in 4x3, but the DVD release has been cropped to 16x9 by the director.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Kylie : Live in Sydney is 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen. Not a bad disc either. Review at my website :)
Doh!. You said Rock.. Maybe I should read the whole post next time.
Oh well:frowning:

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense is in 16x9-enhanced widescreen, directed by Jonathan Demme (Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia).
DJ

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Peter Frampton: Live in Detroit

Roger Waters: In the Flesh Live

The Who: Live at the Royal Albert Hall

N

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Cranberries Beneath The Skin: Live in Paris is anamorphic

The only problem is that there are some annoying sync issues and the menus are horrific. Supposedly a remaster is underway.

Otherwise it's a killer 5.1 track

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Sprigsteen live in NYC... Sting "All this Time" Party ate the Palace, Queen's jubilee concert..
If ya get Queen "We Will..." make sure you get the NEW remastered version! Older DVD is fullscreen and awful!
New transfer is superb!
:) D

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Do you have to perform in Paris for it to be widescreen? I sense a trend here.:D

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
The new Yes "Symphonic" (filmed in Amsterdam not Paris!)
is Widescreen Anamorphic & DD5.1 & DTS - Good selection of old & new stuff (filmed in '01) Tracklist: Close To The Edge, Long Distance Runaround, Don't Go, In The Presence Of, Gates Of Delirium, Steve Howe Guitar Solo, Starship Trooper, Magnification, And You And I, Ritual, I've Seen Good People, Owner Of A Lonely Heart, Roundabout.
Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks