any good wife friendly co-op games?xbox?ps2?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnTKline, Nov 2, 2002.

1. JohnTKline

JohnTKline Stunt Coordinator

Hey all, I'm looking for a game that my wife and I can play together on xbox. Maybe a word game, game show, or something like that. She's not into gaming other than word whomp or cards on the pc. Any ideas?

John

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Can't suggest those kidns of games for the Box, but she might like ToeJam & Earl 3

3. Chris Duran

Chris Duran Stunt Coordinator

I don't think there are any word games out for any system right now, but me and my girlfriend had alot of fun with Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for either the Xbox or PS2, PS2 version is probably cheaper, XBox version better graphics sound ect. Also Hunter the Reckoning is a pretty cool co-op, this is more violent though, it's fun though.

4. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

Tetris?

5. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

I was going to say tetris also. Only game I've found that my wife has really liked so far is Buffy. Of course it helps that she likes the show to start with. I was impressed when she finished it. Of course you can't play that together unless you do versus in the arenas.

6. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Monopoly Party is coming out for the Xbox. Check out the link here. I have no idea how good it will be, but I might get it!

7. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

Based on the reviews I read for the X-box version of Dark Alliance, there's practically NO difference between the PS2 version. No graphic or sound enhancements, no extra levels -- just $20 [​IMG]
    Does Jet Set Radio Future have a co-op mode, or is it just competitive?

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Adam

The multiplayer mode of JSRF is totally seperate from the game, but you can play it coop or competative

9. PerryD

PerryD Supporting Actor

I thought I saw Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy coming out end of the year, or early next year.

10. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

So far, my fiance and I have enjoyed:

PS2:
    Baulder's Gate
    Dynasty Warriors 3
    Adventures of Cookies and Cream
    Twisted Metal Black

Also, it's fun to play survival horror games like Silent Hill and Resident Evil and just swap the controller every 15 minutes.

Xbox:
    Halo!!
    DeathRow

Also tried Hunter and Half-Life(PS2), but they were both pretty crappy and your money would be better spent elsewhere.

11. Michael St. Clair

It's not cooperative, but if you are looking for a game to play with your wife, Bemani games like DDR and Para Para Paradise (latter import only) are a REALLY good bet.

12. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

My wife and I had a blast playing Munch's Oddysee for Xbox. Not cooperative in the strictest sense but we worked on the puzzles together. Fun game and dirt cheap now.

13. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Fusion Frenzy is a great multiplayer game, plenty of fun little games to play with upto 4 people...sure by now its available at a decent price.

14. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

My wife loves Outlaw Golf. Not Coop, but you can play against each other on a pretty level field for even someone who has never been good at video games.

15. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

John,
    It all really depends on what your wife enjoys. My wife isn't a huge video game freak, but here is what she (we) enjoys playing:
    * DDR Max for PS2. You have to buy the game mats to get anything out of this, but if your wife enjoys dancing this is almost a must have experience for you both. No guns, no fighting, just music and synchronized dancing. Very, very addictive.
    * Hunter the Reckoning for Xbox. A fun and simple co-operative vampire killer game. Small ramp up time, but 'the family that slays together stays together.'
    * Oddly enough, Deathrow for Xbox. My wife doesn't play this one as the learning ramp can be steep, but it is a co-operative game in the truest sense. It's a futuristic fantasy sports game where you can play with each other, against each other, and even change teams in the middle of a match. You can even handicap yourself with a worse team so that youre wife doesn't need to be as good to kick your behind [​IMG] (you get to pick who plays who and choose up sides.) Some swearing and violence, but a hugely underrated and fun game. See the thread about Deathrow in this HTF section for more info.
    * House of the Dead III for Xbox. This just came out and can be played with a controller or light gun. If you have ever seen an undead shoot-em-with-the-lightgun game, that's what this is. The nice part is a stronger player can help a weaker one kill all the baddies, so it is a good team effort. I'v only played the demo for this one, but it is really fun and easy to play (you just aim and shoot - one stick and one button.)
    I hope that helps you out. I'm know there are many more, but those are the ones that come to mind right off the bat.

16. Joe_Udo

Joe_Udo Auditioning

We played bobble bubble, jeoperdy and point blank on the PS1. I think PS2 has some of these games.

17. Dave_Olds

Dave_Olds Stunt Coordinator

MYST III: Exile

Depending on what your wife likes...This game is very laid back, puzzle solving game....My wife hates most stuff but she will sit and do this with me....In fact Myst is great cuz the whole family or friends can sit around the room and help solve the puzzles....I have found this a very good "group" game - not necessarily a party blast....but fun if you like solving things....

18. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Cell Damage older, cartoony battle thats fun for kids. Should be at a good price.

19. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Not much on the XBox fits your bill. Check out some of the interesting European board & card games at www.funagain.com.

20. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I'd say that the best system for most females would be GameCube. It has a BUNCH of games that a VideoGame newbie can pick up:
    Super Monkey Ball 2
    Mario Party 4
    Pikmin
    Luigi's Mansion (Though people say its a little short)
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Super Smash Brothers
    ETC. ETC.
    You may not have one, but its something to consider. Can you put a price tag on your wife playing videogames with you? [​IMG]