What's new

Any Good 2 to 4 Player Games for Game Cube? (1 Viewer)

Hector X. Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Just as the title states, I am looking for good "party" games for my Game Cube.

My brothers-in-law are over almost every weekend and I would like to have some fun 2 to 4 player games on hand. They can be either alternating or, preferably, simultaneous play.

I have Super Monkey Ball and that is fun, but we can only do that for so long. Along these lines, though, I do like party games and something that is intuitive, like a fighter, but above all else - FUN for a group.

Any suggestions?

-Hector

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Check out Super Smash Bros. Melee. That has to be one of my favorites on the system. It's truly a great game.

Mario Party 4 will also be making its big debut on the Cube this week. In fact, the game ships today, according to the release list on IGN. If your searching for a good I-can-get-drunk-with-my-buddies-while-I-play-this game, Mario Party 4 is it.

Enjoy!

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Well, the first game I bought for my Cube was Super Smash Bros Melee, and I'll still play it for hours on end (well, I would if I had the time, sigh). Great mayhem, great fun.

My two bits of advice:
a) Play it on Stock rather than who gets the most smashes in a round, it's way, way more fun. We basically won't play it any other way now.

b) Have players enter their names. While the stats are kinda fascinating, the real benefit is having the names above the players during a match, makes it WAAAY easier to tell who's who.

Other games that are multiplayer include Bomberman: Generations, Godzilla, Monkey Ball 2, Mario Party 4, and Beach Spikers. Of those, if Bomberman is anything like its old versions, it has to be an absolute hoot. Beach Spikers looks good for sports, but I haven't tried it yet. Melee's a really solid package though, imho, though the controls can be a little fiddly at times.

VinT

Agent
Gasp! You have a GameCube and no Smash Brothers?!?

Bomberman is a very good party game also. Very 'non-gamer' friendly. Timesplitters 2 just came out also, and it plays great! Goldeneye veterans will love this game.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Good multiplayer games for Gamecube?

Super Smash Brothers : Melee
Super Monkey Ball 2

I actually like SMB2 better than SSB:M, mostly because the multiplayer mini games are so much fun.

And from what I've read, Godzilla is suposed to be good as well.

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Bomberman's minigames are a blast, especially at four players. Godzilla's also a hoot with two player. I particularly enjoy the destruction phase and throwing my opponent into buildings to increase my score.

Christopher Chung

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my hands on Mario Party 4, and you can't make a better purchase for a group game than this. I mean, you'll be having loads of fun for hours. I used to play Mario Party 2 and 3 for the N64, and my brother, sister, and I would be playing for the whole day; it's addicting!

So, that's my 2 cents, go for that one!
Chris

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Man my gf is gonna freak now that a Mario Party game is on the Cube (we had it for N64). Well if they bundle it, or drop the Cube price for the holidays or after, I'll spring for another system...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I would suggest TimeSplitters 2, but I haven't played the GCN version yet. I recommend someone else recommending it and then renting it first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks