What's new

Any feedback on Pioneer VSXD811S (1 Viewer)

Dave_Edmo

Auditioning
Well I hope I upgraded my sound system by making this purchase. I did have a Sony STRDE345(I know, my stupidity in not knowing HT). I am using the included speaker package that came with the Sony DE345.

I plan on using my 65hx81 speakers as my center and wondered if this is wise? And if someone could recommend any speakers that would complement my new receiver, it would be greatly appreciated.

This forum has really been helpful in setting up my HT and I am learning what I thought was decent actually was pretty poor. Thanks!

Darin J

Grip
I've had my 811S for two weeks. So far I've added the Sony SA-WM40 subwoofer. I'm still using some KLH satelite speakers for the front, surround, and backs. I'm currently using my television's speakers as the center channel. It's working out alright as long as I have the volume of the TV at my reference level.
I'm planning to upgrade to the JBL NSP-1II speaker package soon. My problem right now is my entertainment center doesn't have room above or below my 35" TV for the center channel. Maybe I don't have a great ear but with the levels set correctly, I don't notice a significant timbre difference. Then again, maybe its because all my current speakers (excluding the subwoofer) are similarly sounding low end speakers. I bet that's what others on this forum might think.:D

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Dave,

I would defenitely consider finding some matching front/center speakers. Using the TV speakers usually isn't the "best" option in a home theater setting because the speakers in TV's are usually sub par and don't match the tone of the main speakers (which is ideal).

As for which speaker to choose...it's really up to your listening style and your budget. Shop around locally and find a pair that fits your needs and ask if you can either demo them at home first, or buy them as long as they have a decent return policy.

I for one found a set of Celestion F3's at a cloesout sale and really like them (see them on my website). But there are so many speakers around to choose from, it's hard to pin down one set and call them the best.

Good luck.

Alfer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks