What's new

Any entry level 6.1 receivers at CES? (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I love my Kenwood, but it was always a "between" receiver until the price came down on the 6.1 or 7.1 receivers. Well, I have been a little disappointed in the electronics news from CES. Any good news for the future?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What do you consider a "lower price"? There are a few 6.1s on the market that don't cost that much. Sony has two, but I can't recommend them because I don't think their amps are up to the task. Marantz has the SR5200, and is not too expensive for what you get, but is certainly not in the $250 range.

Ashok

Agent
The Yamaha RX-V730 with a retail of $599, RX-V630 at $499, and the Pioneer VSX-D811S at $475, all of which were mentioned in Richard's links will give you 6.1. There are a number of receivers that can do that for you already though. The Denon 2802 which can be found around $500 online comes to mind.

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
Kenwood has the new VR-6070 available this spring. It has DD Surround EX, DTS-ES, DPL2 and the new SRS Circle Surround 2, 8 channel preouts and will be THX Select.
THX Front-Channel Re-Equalization, THX Adaptive Decorellation, THX Timbre-Matching, Full Digital Bass Management with Dual Precision THX Crossover and THX Bass Peak Level manager. The suggested retail is $600.

Charles M

Stunt Coordinator
ALbert, where did you get that information from about the new Kenwood receiver? I would like to read more on it.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks