What's new
World Wide Stereo

Any DVD players with DVI and DVD-Audio ? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian Fitterman

Stunt Coordinator
I think there are a few that have DVI, but it is not active yet. Marantz 8400 and Denon I think might have one too.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Meridian G91 and G98 will have DVI + DVD-Audio, but they aren't in the popularly priced category.

Regards,

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The marantz 8400 has DVI output but it has not been activated yet. They're trying to sort something out w/ the MPPA i believe.

anthony_b

Screenwriter
My dilema is that I have an HDTV with a DVI input, I would like the better resolution that is offered by this type of output, but then I have about 20 dvd-audio disks that I play through my current progressive player.. Do I get another DVD player just for the DVI and use my old one for Music ?..

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you want DVI you can always play the Dolby Digital tracks from your DVD-A's until a DVI multi-player becomes available in your price range. Either way there are going to be trade-offs.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
What about the Samsung DVD-HD931 I saw at Best Buy today?...it offers HD DVI output for under $300.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
anthony...it's official..it DOES do DVD-Audio

Here's the straight poop from Samsung.

HERE

Rosano

Grip
The Sammie 931 DOES NOT do DVD Audio...trust me on this! I have one.The web site is wrong.This error has been talked about before.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, the only players that currently do what you require cost over $1500 USD Marantz 8400, Denon 5900, Pioneer 59ai, and the uber expensive Meridan that John mentioned. You will probably have to wait a year or so until DVI becomes more commonplace on cheaper players.

Reg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smm panel phillipines
Recent bookmarks