What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Any buzz on M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village" (1 Viewer)

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Saw the teaser trailer before The Return of the King this past Monday. Looks creepy, and an interesting idea. Knowing M. Night Shyamalan, it won't be just what it appears to be. Any buzz on this movie? Release date, etc?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

James T

Screenwriter
Well that's not fair. I didn't see the trailer and I saw Return of the King 3 times. It must be a recent thing.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I know a little about it, and don't want to say too much to not give anything away, so the spoiler will be a very vague one.

I know what the twist to the ending is, and unless he does something wonderful when filming it, it's a pretty lame twist ending. No where near the caliber of his other twist endings.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, the script reviews have been very negative so far. Course, it is hard to tell if those were final scripts, or real ones for that matter.

It is kinda hard to get a read on a movie until actual footage is seen. I'm hoping for the best...

Jason

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
It looks creepy. I wondered who the narrator's voice was during the trailer though; it sounded like William Hurt but I'm not sure.

-Dennis

Rajj Nair

Stunt Coordinator
Dennis,
Would you be able to point me to the Village trailer link on the apple site?
I tried looking for it,couldnt see it, which studio is producing this film?
Thanx
Rajj

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Oops...looks like I didn't get it from Apple's website...I apologize. I believe it was linked directly from aintitcoolnews.com a couple of weeks back. It was a full screen QT file....

-Dennis

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I'd bet real money that it's William Hurt. His voice and speech patterns are pretty distinct.

Plus, he's actually in the cast list. :)

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I enjoy Night's work a lot, but after Signs, The Woods just seems redundant and script reviews haven't been so hot on the film.

I'm more interested in what he'll do with "The Life of Pi".

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I fear that he is quickly painting himself into a corner. While I do like his films, they are quickly falling into the same basic formula. While I find the pregnent scenes, ominous dialogand minimalist special effects to be refreshing, it is becoming a bit too apparent that he is unwilling to abandon the "twist ending where everything falls into place" structure he's been using for the past three movies. I'd like to see him flex his cinematic muscles and vary the formula instead of just the setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks