What's new

Any box/enclosure ideas (1 Viewer)

jamie w

Auditioning
I have two Polk Dynamic Balance 8" subs that are now in my car. I assume they are the same as the subs used in the home speakers or are very similar. I am looking to possibly take them out of my car and use them in my home theater. My question to the experts is, what kind of enclosure could I use for two 8"'s. I read the forum everyday, but this is new to me. I consider myself mechanically able, so I am open to building an enclosure. They are in two separate boxes right now, that are actually very small. But they sound great, but I would expect they would get more use in my theater and not in my car. Any suggestions on resources or ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
First thing you'll need to do is find out the Theile/Small parameters for those drivers. 8" drivers won't get you very low for HT purposes, you'll still be missing the very low frequencies that are on soundtracks. For music you might be alright, but again, you need to know the specifics of thosen drivers.
Pete
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks