What's new

Anthem Releases New 7 CH, 11 CH, & 15 CH AVM A/V Processors and MRX Receivers (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Wonder if Anthem will soon come out w/ a new revision. The AVM-60 is apparently circa/nearing 5-yo now -- it was introduced during CEDIA back in Oct 2015. I don't imagine I'd need anything more than the AVM-60, but would be nice to get it discounted some as it gets superseded/replaced by a new model, if that happens in near future...

_Man_

Speak of the devil(s)... :cool:

:cheers:

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Not sure I like the new look/aesthetic (that reminds me a bit of old fashioned radios... maybe even clock radios :lol: ), but probably won't matter to me since I'm most likely going for a (hopefully, deeply) bargain priced, apparently being-discontinued AVM-60 instead.

Much of the extra new stuff, including web-based UI, while probably nice to have/use, also makes me wonder if some key aspects, especially of the analog audio (sub)section(s), may be compromised to some extent as often happens w/ such. And of course, there may be bugs to work out as usually seems the case w/ many new, feature-rich AVPs and AVRs nowadays...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, as I mentioned in the other more general, amp thread, just took the plunge on a used AVM-60 (for a tad under $1.8K+tax+shipping).

The used market pricing for the AVM-60 has probably already fallen a fair bit following this recent announcement -- seems from circa $2.2K down to $1.8K w/ more sellers showing up.

That was enough for me to forgo the warranty coverage of an eventual closeout and/or open box deal -- Crutchfield's current scratch-and-dent offer is at $2.56K (w/ free shipping).

If anyone's considering a NiB unit that probably still goes for circa $2.3-2.4K on the 2ndary online market, do note that you probably won't get warranty coverage unless buying from one of the very few authorized, online dealers. Given how solidly designed and built they seem to be and Anthem's rep for reliability, probably better to go w/ a well-cared-for, used unit and save some $$$ instead (at least at these diffs so far)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks