What's new
World Wide Stereo

Antenna question (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Lyn:

I'm clueless as to what you mean by "cable antenna." Is there something different than the coaxial cable that most cable companies use to supply their product?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
So to be clear, you want to use an OTA (over the air) antenna to pick up all your local OTA channels (HD, presumably), then transmit the entire feed wirelessly to a tuner or TV?

If this is the case, then some rudimentary google searching seems to indicate that it will be very expensive to do if it's even possible.

Wireless transmission of programming is generally done AFTER the tuner, so that you are only transmitting a single HD channel at a time. What you seem to be describing is more akin to re-transmitting the entire full bandwidth OTA signal from the antenna to a separate tuner, and that would likely require professional-level broadcasting hardware. Hardly a consumer-level task.

I'll admit that I'm no expert, (and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), but I would be shocked if there was any sort of wireless solution that would allow you to, say stick your antenna out in your back yard, and wirelessly stream it to your TV's tuner.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Why would you want to have an antenna that doesn't plug directly into a TV?

Do you not want wires running along a wall?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I was wondering if it was possible bfore i looked on google. :)

Really? Waiting nearly 48 hours for a response was your first choice before even a 5 minute Google search?

The members here (including myself) are always happy to help, but please keep in mind that we take time out of our days to try and be helpful - it would be nice to know that those asking for the help are willing to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks