What's new

Another X-Mas withOUT Albert Finney in SCROOGE on DVD - UPDATED NEWS JUST ADDED! (1 Viewer)

Benjamin.D

Stunt Coordinator
YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more old VHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY in widescreen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Singing "Thank You Very Much" as I dance down my hallway!!!

Ben

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait!
Also, it's been such an oddly cold spring in NYC, it feels like October! Been watchin' all my horror flicks to suit the weather so it feels like Xmas is ALOT closer than it actually is!
Let's hope the transfer Rocks!
:) D

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
We've talked about wanting to have this movie on DVD all the way back in 1998 here @ the HTF and for me, the desire for it has not lessened. Hope it is presented in anamorphic OAR and is uncut. This movie needs the big Home Theater screen 9'- 10' and up to catch the Holiday feeling of fire hearth & glitter that is imbedded in the scenes from the ghost of Christmas present and the tremendous subtle body language and expressions of humor after Scrooge falls into the grave to Hell (and has to deal with the devil's irony of life's sentence.);) The music has become classic Christmas 60's that fits the movie like a glove and has aged with the story like fine wine.
I do love this movie and want it intact - An artistic masterpiece for those who appreciate the classic story and Holiday music and theater combined.
Paul

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Well, well! :)
Now, let's see, where's my E-Bay info... have an old VHS-tape to sell...
Cees

Chris Baucom

Stunt Coordinator
So, let me get this straight. We may have OAR Christmas Vacation, OAR A Christmas Story AND Scrooge out all this year?
Can the holidays get here any sooner?

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Yay! Time to retire another LD. As a matter of fact, I only have one more LD to retire, BUGSY MALONE. Another Paramount film. Hmmmmm. PLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE!!!!!!!!!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I think we can rest assured that this will be intact. The most recent VHS I bought had the Hell scene included and after all this time if they tried to release this film edited the outcry would be HUGE!
I only saw about 20 or so minutes of this in the theater because suppossedly I was so freaked by the phantoms in the sky when Scrooge and Marley take flight that I ran screaming up the aisle of Radio City Music Hall and was chased by my dad and we had to leave! Can't wait to finally see the WHOLE film in it's OAR!
:) D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks