What's new

Another Tempest question (1 Viewer)

Ryan T

Second Unit
Hi,
I know you guys must be sick of answering my questions but I really think this might be the last one about the Tempest sub;). I'm wondering if there is any way to use a parametric equalizer on my computer to boost up the lower bass of my sealed tempest. I think the F3 is going to be 36 Hz without boosting. I would like to boost the F3 to maybe 20 hz or lower. I was just playing around with the parametric EQ that adire has with lspCAD. I guess if I'm right I can boost 20 Hz 6 db and boost 12 Hz 3.5 db I can get a F3 of 15.5 Hz. Is it posible to use a 6 db boost without mudding up the bass? If this can be done is there a computer Parametric EQ that will do this or do I have to buy a real Parametric EQ?
Ryan

Pete Mazz

Supporting Actor
Sounds like the perfect use of a LT circuit. Jack Gilvey can give you a heads up. I've just started to play with the sims.

Pete

Ryan T

Second Unit
Here are the specs on what computer and sound card I have. Pentium 120 Mhz CPU, 37 megs of ram, Sound Blaster 16 sound card with line in and line out. I know my CPU is really slow but hey it was a free computer. I'm running Windows 95 and I have a 3 gig hard drive. Is there any parametric EQ program that would run on my computer? I had one program but it would not EQ any frequencies under 30 Hz :frowning:. If i have to buy an external EQ is there any under $200. I do not mind buying a used one at all if that helps. By the way what is an LT circuit?
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks