Another Tempest question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan T, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Ryan T

Ryan T Second Unit

Hi,
    I know you guys must be sick of answering my questions but I really think this might be the last one about the Tempest sub[​IMG]. I'm wondering if there is any way to use a parametric equalizer on my computer to boost up the lower bass of my sealed tempest. I think the F3 is going to be 36 Hz without boosting. I would like to boost the F3 to maybe 20 hz or lower. I was just playing around with the parametric EQ that adire has with lspCAD. I guess if I'm right I can boost 20 Hz 6 db and boost 12 Hz 3.5 db I can get a F3 of 15.5 Hz. Is it posible to use a 6 db boost without mudding up the bass? If this can be done is there a computer Parametric EQ that will do this or do I have to buy a real Parametric EQ?
    Ryan

2. Pete Mazz

Pete Mazz Supporting Actor

Sounds like the perfect use of a LT circuit. Jack Gilvey can give you a heads up. I've just started to play with the sims.

Pete

3. Ryan T

Ryan T Second Unit

Here are the specs on what computer and sound card I have. Pentium 120 Mhz CPU, 37 megs of ram, Sound Blaster 16 sound card with line in and line out. I know my CPU is really slow but hey it was a free computer. I'm running Windows 95 and I have a 3 gig hard drive. Is there any parametric EQ program that would run on my computer? I had one program but it would not EQ any frequencies under 30 Hz [​IMG]. If i have to buy an external EQ is there any under $200. I do not mind buying a used one at all if that helps. By the way what is an LT circuit?
    Ryan