What's new

Suggest a driver (1 Viewer)

meeks

Agent
Hey guys, Im thinking about taking my first plunge into DIY. Since all the Avalanches are gone I need another recomendation for some. I would rather not get the atlas or tempest suggestions cause I would alway have that "what if" question about the avalanche/tumult. I would love a tumult but they have gotten too expensive for my tastes. The box im wanting to build would fit into my front corner at a kinda triangle shape(think 45deg. straight edge). I figure with the dimensions it would give me about 10 cubic ft to work with, although I could always limit the internal volume by sealing off part of it if I needed to. Im gonna try this box shape because I figure I can butt it up to the corner pretty flush & paint it the same color as the walls & it wouldnt stand out like a 10cubic ft black box. I would prefer an 18" but if you think a 15" in that size would be plenty low & loud, ill go with that.

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
The Dayton Titanic subs are excellent. 2 of the 15" wired in series in a 10cu.ft. box with a 4"x7.5" port would hit 106dB with only 3mm excursion on 15W of power and have a roll off that should match the gain of a large room nicely assuming the amp has no boost.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A step up from the Titanic in quality and price would be the Soundsplinter RL-p 15". Another thing to consider would be multiple 12's in your large enclosure.

-Robert

JimPeitersen

Second Unit
The OAudio TC2+ drivers are a great choice. The new Exodus drivers from Acoustic Visions are another choice. If you can wait a little while, the new drivers from Ascendent Audio sound very promising. There is always the "standard" recommended drivers (Dayton, Adire, Peerless XL/XXLS, etc.)
JP

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
meeks,

Just listed 2, 12" AV-12 subs from Stryke for sale in the hardware FS section check it out.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i will hook you up with 2 av15 and a 1000 watt samson and a svs filter box with gain and phase for 600+shiping

MichaelSmith

Auditioning
Bryon,

I am interested in that deal. How long have you had the AV15's? Is that the Sampson amp that SVS sells?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks