What's new

another phone jack post (1 Viewer)

Brady B

Auditioning
One other question I had about phone jacks. Do ia have to have the receiver hooked to a phone line? I ordered NFL ticket but do I need to have it connected other than to order pay per view? Just some clarification on the phone thing would be a great help
Brady

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
The sattelite installer guy said its only if you buy PPV or special events using the sattelite.. if you dont, you dont need to hook it up
------------------
menasig.jpg

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Daily at a certain time, Dishnetwork will "dial in" if you will, to my receivers (2) in my home. I can actually hear them "connecting" to the units, it lasts for about 3 seconds or so. Other than what was stated above, I do not know exactly what the purpose of this is? I also know at times their may be a new download available for your receiver and this may also happen and they can send you an "email" sort of to your receiver although I have never had this happen. I suspect this mail or message would show up on your screen. I suspect all of these are security related? IE; illegal cards.
FYI
------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

RobHops

Auditioning
Here is my experience with DirecTV, NFL Sunday Ticket and phone lines. During football season last year, we were in the process of moving. We had to live in an apartment for a few months, so we set the dish and receiver up at a friends house. Sunday morning we would connect the receiver to the TV and watch football. Sunday evening, we would disconnect it. NEVER had it connected to a phone line at his house, never had a problem.
What I can tell you is that the receiver was hooked up to a phone line at my old house, when it was time to renew the subscription. Try tuning to a channel advertising NFL Sunday ticket. On my Sony receiver, when the guide is displayed on one of these channels, it has a message "You are authorized for this program."
What I am getting at is that initially, you have to be hooked up to a phone line (which is also true if you make a programming change). After that, it doesn't matter (except for PPV). If you are having trouble and have to call DirecTV, I would also suggest hooking the receiver to a phone line, even if it is temporary.
------------------

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Neither of my DirecTV receivers have been hooked up to a phone line since I moved 3 years ago. I have NFL Sunday Ticket and have changed my programming many times without having any problems. The reason for being hooked up to a phone line is so that they can find out if you've ordered any PPV events and bill you for them. If you don't order PPV, don't worry about the phone line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks