What's new

Anna Nicole Smith - RIP (merged) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well, I can see you've done your homework, very good. But as recall, I started those threads out of information purposes. I probably would have stated this thread if no one had already done as the news broke. I never offered any personal commentary on those people (I might have thrown int a "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" for Syd, I don't remember but if I did, it was a testament to his talent and nothing more). I never said that they were great people, although they did have talent. If somebody wanted to voice their opinions on why they did not feel like casting sympathy or honor to that person, so be it. Calling me, yes he's referring to me, bothersome, is a insult when I have not said anything antagonzing to you. Sorry this death seems to be so personal to you. Maybe you should explain if you find my posts of my own personal opinion so "bothersome"

I really don't want to get this thread closed, but I feel you're out of line with some of the things directed toward me that you have been saying.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

completely agree.
Me and my ex actually watched several of the season one ANS show, although it was definitely a human car crash, it was fascinating. Even then you could see the little strings he had her on.
We thought, "c'mon. NOBODY is this far gone. It HAS to be a put on."
Well, it wasn't. She was that much of a mess and he possibly is that much of a vampiric scumbag.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll tell you who I feel sorry for. I feel sorry for that kid who is going to being growing up without a mother. Good or bad, Smith was still her mother and now that kid will never know a thing about her......except what tabloids and sycophants have to say. That kid is going to be growing up in a media circus while a couple of battling bastards fight over who owns the million dollar baby. That is the real tragedy in the wreckage that Smith made of her life.

Anna Nicole Smith led a tumultous life: a life that had its share of suffering. Whatever slings and arrows she suffered from are now over. It is just too bad that her final legacy might be the passing on of suffering to the only bit of her that is left on this planet.

RIP. God knows, if there is any person who needs to be allowed to rest in quietude......it is her.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
And just so it can be clarified:

Howard K. Stern (lawyer) who is apparently under some pressure now because he may have been supplying her with "extra" prescription drugs illegally obtained is NOT Howard Stern (Radio Host).

I'm sure Howard Stern (Radio Host) wishes Howard K. Stern (weird Lawyer for Anna Nicole) would disappear more then anyone else.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
So let me see if I got this straight....

If someone like Courtney Love overdoses on drugs and gets sent to rehab, we can make unsympathetic comments and that's ok...

but if she overdoses and kills herself, if we express the slightest bit of non sympathy, we're cold hearted bastards?

Have I got that right? If that's the case, then shouldn't the same amount of respect (for the dead) be applied to the living? Why do you guys give so much leway toward the dead but not the living? It sounds a bit two-faced to me.

So from now on, I will NEVER hear an unsympathetic comment made toward any living person (famous or unfamous)? And I have the right to call anyone, who makes the slightest insensitive comment, a heartless bastard?

Cool! Everyone be on your guard from now on. ;)

Respect for the dead? Hell, how about some respect for the living?

-Mark "Heartless Bastard" Hastings

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I’m reminded of Dorothy Stratten and this is too sad."

The most beautiful woman who ever lived IMHO. But yes Stratten was murdered by a controlling jealous douchebag.

I saw this when I turned on the news when I got home last night, and like most I have to say, Im not suprised.

Pretty sad and tragic.RIP

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Rest may be the last thing she wanted as a result of this. Heck, there's probably a stripper pole in hell, Satan has a fist full of dollars and at last she has found peace.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Unfortunately, not all RIP threads have proceeded in such honorable fashion. A number have had to be closed or otherwise moderated because of disagreements over the importance or worthiness of the life just ended. So far, this thread hasn't reached such a point, but it's starting to drift in that direction.

Perhaps the simplest approach is for those who feel no sympathy or sorrow for the deceased to move on. Think of this thread as the cyperspace equivalent of a funeral or a wake. You wouldn't stand up at one of those and trash the person being commemorated. Treat this thread (and all other RIP threads) the same way.

M.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

I think this is only the beginning.

With two guys claiming to be the father of a child who is the likely heir to the fortune, if she ever gets it, they will be fighting for years to come.

From the legality of Stern and Smith's wedding, to allegations of Stern supplying the drugs, this is going to go on for months, at the very least.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I agree that the media circus will continue for the foreseeable future. How many years has it been since Princess Diana died? She still gets a lot of press on a regular basis in the tabs.

Stern is slime and I'd wager money that he's directly involved in both deaths (Anna and her son).

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Kurt, I think a lot of people (including myself) lost a lot of respect for her, the moment she married that old guy for his money.

I think most of us never heard of her before that- isn't that what made her famous?

> I feel bad for her daughter who will grow up without a mother now

She won't necessarily grow up without a mother, just without her birth mother, who she is too young to have any memories of. She will know someone else as her mother.

From the daughter's point of view, the timing of Anna Nicole's death is much less traumatic than if the girl had been a few years old.

Now don't twist that as me saying it's good that she died now, just that the girl won't have the same experience of losing a parent since she is too young to know what happened.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
No, she was very famous before that. Remember her in Naked Gun 3 (1994)? She was already a famous Playboy bunny by then.

Michael, I'm sorry about my comments and I won't continue, but in my defense, this thread originated as a "Anna Nicole Died" thread and not a RIP thread, so that was my bad. I missed the "RIP (merged)" part.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"No, she was very famous before that. Remember her in Naked Gun 3 (1994)? She was already a famous Playboy bunny by then."

Yea she had gotten quite alot of publicity as Playmate of the year, then using the name Vickie Smith. As a matter of fact Naked Gun may be the first time I heard her referred to as Anna Nicole.

Peter-PP

Stunt Coordinator
When Guess jeans hired her, they asked her to change her name, so she changed her name to Anna Nicole.

I just heard that the husband of Zsa Zsa Gabor is now claiming the baby is his, so there are now 3 men fighting to claim the 400 mill baby. I really feel sorry for Anna's baby, she will never get to know her mother AND her brother Daniel.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I actually had to wipe some egg off of my face when I came to the realization that the Howard Stern being talked about wasn't the radio host lol, I had no idea she married a guy with the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks