Anna Nicole Smith - RIP (merged)

todd s

Lead Actor
Reaction score
According to ABC News radio. Anna Nicole Smith collapsed and later died at a Florida Hospital.

Talk about a cursed life.

RIP.

Holadem

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Are you sure? The most I am getting from internet news outlets is that she was found unconscious and was rushed to a hospital. I do realize there is a delay.

EDIT: OK it's showing up now. Ah well, RIP - it's always shocking and somewhat sad when people die this young (39).

Now this is gonna flood the airwaves until another war breaks out in the Middle East or something (as opposed to say.. Africa, where unless it's tied to Islamic terrorism, no one gives a shit).

I continue to be amazed at how TMZ.com, a site unheard of (by me anyway) until a few months ago, continues to have first dibs on the gossip.

--
H

Dave Mack

Producer
Reaction score
She's died. I know many are gonna think, "so what? She's a dingbat. She brought it on herself. She was a mess. No surprise here...."
but I just feel a bit sad. Her 21 year old son son died 6 months ago right after she gave birth. It seems like yes, she WAS a mess but also she had a very crazy life and in the last couple of years what with her reality show and new promotions (trimspa etc...) that alot of people (especially Howard K. Stern that LAWYER (who is more like a vampire) and maybe father of her child) just really took advantage of her and basically just didn't look out at all for this clearly very troubled person.

I dunno. I just feel sad about it.

ANS RIP

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Reaction score
I feel like shit. Back when I wrote for Saturday Night You in 2002, I wrote a series of Anna Nicole Smith sketches that weren't really funny, but instead just brutal rantings. I degraded her, wrote nasty song parodies about her, came up with a sketch where people proposed ways to torture her...All because of bugs for her shows that were obstructing my view of SNL reruns on E!, a show that I would give up on 2003.

I wonder if she ever read any of my lunatic rantings and whether it might have contributed to her state of mind.

God, I feel like shit right now. I wish I hadn't written all the scabrous things that I did about her. If I could take back all of my words, I could.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

R.I.P Anna Nicole Smith.

KurtEP

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Kurt
She certainly lived a more interesting life than most people ever will. RIP...

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Don't beat yourself up John, we all choose our paths in life and she chose hers. R.I.P. Anna Nicole.

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Matthew
I wonder if her rapid weight fluctuations contributed to her death (and those diet pills she advertised).

Holadem

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Did you think she was immortal when you were writing? Or is it the untimeliness of her death - i.e., what you wrote would have been OK if she had died at 93? If it makes you feel better: 1- she (probably) never read any of it, 2- neither did I but I'd wager far worse things have been said and writen about her and she certainly heard and read some of those.

--
H

ScottR

Cinematographer
Reaction score
This is so sad. I always rooted for her to find happiness in her life. But something is fishy about this story. Deceased husband's son drops dead of a heart attack, son drops dead of a heart attack, and now her...all within in the span of a year or so. Doesn't add up. Whatever the cause of her death, I hope she has found peace and that she is holding Daniel in her arms right now. Goodbye, Anna Nicole...though I never knew you at all.

WillG

Lead Actor
Reaction score

I have to imagine that the most likely cause of death was a drug overdose. Aside from maybe some kind of freak brain hemorrage, what else would cause a 39 year old woman to collapse and die? I certainly wouldn't rule out suicide as she has been going through some heavy shit that seemed to hit in a relatavely short timeframe.

Chris

Lead Actor
Reaction score
There is some talk that Howard K. Stern may be ruled as complicit in her death, as some believe he was helping to provide her with illegal drugs as well as helped provide her with extra dosages of prescription medication.

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
If anyone torches the oil wells in Nigeria, I garantee you'll heart about it. Otherwise, you're pretty much right. The articles get written but they never make the front page.

You live the life she led, this sort of thing is going to happen. It sucks, it's sad, but it's true. Her life should be a cautionary tale for others.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
I have the same sentiments as DaveM.
It is just sad to see a human go through that type of life even if most of the things were self-imposed or whatever.
What is truely sad is what becomes of her child? The innocence of that little girl and what she'll have to endure growing up.

Hopefully the father will step up (un-typical of fathers) or maybe Madonna or Angelina Jolie will adopt her....

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John_Weber