What's new

Anime Lovers..Ronin Warriors/Samurai Troopers is coming to DVD!! (1 Viewer)

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
*Happy news mode on*
Wahoo, wahoo, wahoo and oh yea...wahoo!!! That's right anime fans. Ronin Warriors/Yoroiden Samurai Troopers is coming to DVD!!!!!!! My favorite (and I am sure a few others here fav) is FINALLY coming to a real format. No more watching my very used VHS copies from TV. We anime fans get top quality treatment from the studios. Here is the press release for those who need details (and proof):
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BANDAI ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE POPULAR
“RONIN WARRIORS” ANIMATED SERIES ON DVD HOME VIDEO
Cypress, CA—November 27, 2001—Bandai Entertainment Inc. today announced the home video release of the popular “Ronin Warriors” animated series. Produced by Sunrise studios (Mobile Suit Gundam, Cowboy Bebop), “Ronin Warriors” chronicles the story of five young men forced to fight against an evil Dynasty bent on conquering the Earth. “Ronin Warriors” is set for release on April 23, 2002 – $24.98 SRP exclusively on DVD.
Long ago, the evil Talpa and his Dynasty waged war upon the Earth from his supernatural realm. Defeated by a lone warrior, Talpa was banished, but never forgotten. Reigniting his thirst for power, Talpa along with his Warlords have once again invaded the mortal realm seeking to conquer the inhabitants of the Earth once and for all. But the forces of darkness are not unopposed - Protected by a mystical elemental armor, five young men known as the Ronin Warriors are the last line of defense against Talpa and his supernatural army.
First broadcast in Japan as “Yoroiden Samurai Troopers”, the fast rising popularity in this Japanese animated series sparked interest in the States where it was soon brought over. “Yoroiden Samurai Troopers” was then redubbed into English and retitled under the name of “Ronin Warriors”. Airing on syndicated television in 1995 and later broadcast on the Sci- i channel, the “Ronin Warriors” series soon found its way onto Cartoon Network where it eventually helped spearhead the tremendous growth and popularity of the “Toonami” block.
Released for the first time on DVD home video, long time fans of the “Ronin Warriors” series can look forward to the DVD release featuring both the English “Ronin Warriors” series and the Japanese “Yoroiden Samurai Troopers” episodes uncut and presented in their original format.
SRP $24.98 / Stereo / Color / English & Japanese Language / Bandai Entertainment Inc.
Bandai Entertainment Inc. is the premier distributor of Japanese animation on home video in North America - Distributing critically acclaimed features such as “Mobile Suit Gundam”, “Escaflowne”, “Cowboy Bebop”, and “The Big O”. Bandai Entertainment’s most recent release, “Gundam Wing” was one of the highest rated shows on Cartoon Network’s Toonami block. Bandai Entertainment Inc. is a subsidiary of Bandai America Inc., toy manufacturer for the FOX hit television series, “Power Rangers” and “Digimon”. For more information, please visit our website at www.bandai-ent.com.
There you have it! Not much else can be said, but WAHOO!!!
*Happy news mode off*
Ok, I feel much better. Just had to share the news with someone. Hopefully this post won't get a bunch of people saying things like "Ronin sucks" or "Eva is better". Everyone's opinion of good anime will be different. This post is intended for people who like the show. Please everyone, keep this post on topic and nice.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
The good part is that Bandai will be releasing both versions on the same DVD...so they will have the Americanized chopped versions of Ronin Warriors as well as the Japanese uncut version (subbed). I wonder how many volumes Bandai will release for this 39 episodes series?

DanSt

Stunt Coordinator
Knowing Bandai it will probably be 3-4 eps per DVD. So around 10-13 DVD's. Not ideal, but I am just happy to get them at all.

StephenC

Stunt Coordinator
Great news!I caught this on tv about five years ago and always wondered what the Japanese name was.Was the American version heavily cut?How many episodes are there?Long live Annubis!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks