What's new

Ang Lee Directs Will Smith In Gemini Man (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Ang Lee’s ‘Gemini Man’ Starring Will Smith Gets 2019 Release Date at Paramount

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ang-lee-will-smith-gemini-man-release-date-2019-1202489077/

I remember reading about this 20 years ago and thinking what a cool concept it was. I know it was in development for years but the technology wasn't there yet. It is now.

Basically it's the story of a assasin being hunted by a cloned younger version of himself. Both played by Will Smith. I know Mel Gibson and Harrison Ford were once considered for the part.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
From Deadline:

The pic co-produced by Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Skydance Media was one of the great unproduced projects of the last 20 years. Bruckheimer alone has been developing the property for a little more than a decade. Originally set up at Disney in 1997 from a pitch by Darren Lemke, the movie stalled due to the fact the VFX at the time wasn’t available for the same actor to play the same part. Will Smith is now set to star as an assassin who faces off against himself, a clone who is younger and in his prime.

Previous drafts were penned by a revolving door of scribes that included Brian Helgeland, Andrew Niccol and David Benioff. Previously, Tony Scott considered directing as well as Curtis Hanson. Skydance acquired the project in 2016 with Jerry Bruckheimer attached to produce with David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Don Granger and Don Murphy and Chad Oman executive producing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks