What's new

Andrew W.K. - The Wolf (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I didn't see a topic going here so I thought I'd start one...

I am counting the moments until Tuesday when I have a chance to purchase the new Andrew WK album, The Wolf. There doesn not seem to be too much interest around here as only three threads came up in a search on the topic, the most substantial one being here.

I really enjoyed reading Benson R's enthusiastic comments but it seems most other people are not too impressed. Well, Benson, if you are reading this...I love his music too! From the first time I heard the song 'I Get Wet' from his first album I was hooked. I ended up purchasing the CD and fell in love with almost every song on it - a rarity for me.

I actually do not listen to too much new music but there is just something about his sound that I love. You can bet I will be purchasing my copy first thing on Tuesday.

ANDREW W.K. FANS UNITE! WHO'S WITH ME??

:crazy:

*crickets chirping*

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Havent listened to much of them, but I have to say they put on one hell of a live show!

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Sorry I didnt come into this thread sooner to lend moral support, but I dont check out the music forum that often especially since my last thread didnt gather much positive support.

Its great to see that there is another fan though on this forum. I've been pretty low on disposable income being that I have yet to find work since graduation but I'm sure I'll be picking this up tomorrow.:)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Hey Benson, thanks for dropping by! :)

I'll be sure to post my comments tomorrow after I've listened to it.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I liked his previous album, although it got a little repetitive after a while. I'll probably pick up "The wolf" though, there isn't too much music like this arounrd these days.

According to EW (who gave it a B+) it's a little more serious album than the first effort, which I'd appreciate. From the review:

Just because W.K. has found his soft center lyrically, it doesn't mean the music has lost any of its hard core. The guitar solos are now way, way over the top. At least they're in much better company, with a host of pleasing arrangements involving everything from choral singers to symphonic bombast.

There is no mistaking that W.K. put his heart and his all into the music on ''The Wolf.'' In fact, he even tells us so. On the uplifting Billy Corgan-esque heart-on-his-sleeve closer, ''I Love Music,'' W.K. sings: ''I want you to remember all the things that I said.../You are my faith/You are my friend.'' We'll party to that, you big lug!

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately I wasnt able to get to the store until the weekend so I have only had the album for a day. I like it so far but I'll have to see how it holds up over the week as I listen to it more. The most positive comment I could make is that the album has me excited to go hear these songs live next time AWK comes to my area.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Has anyone else had a chance to listen to this yet? My favorite tracks so far are Long Live the Party, Never Let Down, and I Love Music. I am really enjoying this album and am glad that he managed to avoid making it a retread of I Get Wet. I never thought that someone could write an epic song about partying but here it is.

Christopher_S

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I really liked the first CD, and I work at a radio station so I pilfered the second one as soon as it showed up. And...

I can't stand it. It sounds, to me, exactly like the first record, without any of the hooks. Now, this may be partially due to the fact that much of what took me about "I Get Wet" was it's novelty... I mean, what else sounds like that? So it's to be expected that now that the surprise is gone, I'm going to be a little harder to please. But even in light of that, I don't think there's anything with the catchiness of the first album's best stuff on this one.

Thank goodness it was free. I actually put it back where I found it the next day. Sorry Andrew...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks