What's new

Anchor Bay's Tins (1 Viewer)

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever happened to these things? I have all of them that they made and I love them. They are just really cool looking. Does anybody know why they stopped making them or if they are going to be making any more?

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
I remember reading (here? the other forum? one of the sites?) that AB was abandoning the LE Tin packaging format for more standardized, cost-effective, shelf-friendly packaging, including multi-disc keepcases (Suspiria, Army of Darkness LE) and Digipaks (Near Dark).

Frankly, I'm glad that the last specialty case to come out of AB was the Book of the Dead, as it is JUST short enough to fit in my shelves. The ED2 tin, for example, is too tall. Lucky for me the disc in the keepcase is identical.

Further thoughts?

Back on my meds,

CS

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i'm glad they used the tin format, i wouldnt even have known about the wicker man if not for the big wooden box from anchor bay. and the repo man license plate is a great idea (for a great movie). ill be sad to see them go.

CJ

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Bring back the Tins! I love them, hell I love any special packaging(except the Total Recal Tin).

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
I only have 5 AB tins, but I really liked the idea, and I am not really sure why they did want to abandon them. Cost-effectiveness, sure, but that was why the price was higher in the first place, right? And since it seems in most of these cases the discs were also released separately in keep-cases, even the people who got the regular releases would not really have much reason to complain. Maybe the tins etc was harder to sell than we know?

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
I love those tins! The only one I could never find was Let the Sleeping Corpses Lie. Does Anchor Bay even do limited editions at all anymore? They were nice collectibles. I thought that both The Evil Dead and Highlander would be, but neither are numbered.

Mark

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The tins aren't that bad.

I own and love the Heathers tin.

I have never seen The Wicker Man, and am seriously thinking of picking this one up, if I can still snag it that is.

I'm sure we will see some type of 'special packaging' from AB next year, even if it's not a tin case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks