What's new

An interesting idea for a dvd rack (1 Viewer)

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
I have just come up with a relativly low cost, good looking way of displaying dvd's. I live in the middle of wine country and the house i live in has a garage filled to the brim with Wine Boxes. So one day i was looking at my ever increasing collection of dvds and i noticed that their current placement on the top of the entertainment system would not last long. So i pulled out a few wine boxes and tried to form a shelf or case out of them. I found out that they are equipped with four grooves on the side which allow the box top to slide into place. So i took the wood box top, sliced it clean in half, and placed each half into one of the pairs of grooves, and viola, instant dvd rack! Here are some pictures.

Before and after

Glenise

Supporting Actor
If you really wanted to get fancy, you could stain or spray paint them.
Also, you could maybe figure out a way to mount them on the walls.
You lucky duck!

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Those look nice.. I'm trying to figure out the exact assembly as I don't think I've ever taken a close look at a wine box before. You've slipped some planks in the grooves?

These might go well with my alcohol-related HT. :) I'll have to swing by the new wine shop that just opened in town. :)

Dan Shogren

Stunt Coordinator
Its kind of hard to explain the grooves concept without visuals, so here you go.

Grooves

The wood sliding cover fits into the grooves perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks