What's new

Amp recommendations & advice? (1 Viewer)

Allan Clarke

Auditioning
Hi everybody,
This is my first post to the forum...certainly won't be my last :)

I currently have (what I now understand to be) a basic Sony 5.1 System (TA-VE170) and am looking to upgrade.

I thought I was very happy with my system until I discovered DTS!

I never thought there to be a great difference between Dolby and DTS until I accidentally switched the sound to DTS on my DVD of Signs. Unfortunately my system can't hadle DTS but it could handle the bass that drops at the start of the movie when the credits are playing...WOW! I could not believe the difference...even my wife noticed it!!! That's saying something :D

I am now looking to invest in an amp which does both Dolby Digital & DTS. Can any body recommend some products to check out and which to stay away from?

Unfortuantely I'm on a fairly tight budget, couple of hundred dollars type area. I'm not necessarly looking for a new amp just one to fulfill my needs and keep me happy...for a week or two :D

I've been checking Ebay and have noticed Harman Kardon popping up a lot. Has anybody got experience with these?

Thanks very much for the help guys.

Allan.
Ireland.

Paul S

Stunt Coordinator
The Panasonic SA-HE200 receiver will give you 130 watts a channel times 6 plus all the bells and whistles you could want including DTS for $300.00. Check it out at J&R Musicworld

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks