What's new

Amp question? (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Hi all..

Here is my question, is it better to get a 2 channel and a 3 channel amp or one 5 channel amp? Can't afford mono or do I have the room!

Opinions please...

Thanks

R~

J

John Morris

Hi Rhett,

That's an answer that is not always an easy one. Common sense would dictate that seperate amps, monoblocks, would do the best job because they physically isolate each channel from each other and provide unshared power supplys. Still, many multichannel power amps also have multiple power supplies and some can even steer power to those channels that need it most. I don't believe that there has ever been a movie or multichannel music disc that demands full power from all channels at once so a transformer that can supply full range, full power to all channels at once is a rarity.

I'd recommend that you go and listen to some amps, decide which amps sound best to you, and then look at the models of amps available from that manufacturer.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Thanks for the reply's.

I will be taking a look at the thread provided and John thanks for the reply on listening to amps. It is off to do more field work.....aaahhhh the choices are killing me!

Thanks thou...

R~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks