What's new

American Wedding (American Pie 3) DVD News (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The movie's not coming out until August but American Pie 3 News already has some news on the DVD. Adam Herz emailed the site saying he's working on the DVD, being disappointed with Universal on the first two DVDs:

-Although the complete disc won't be available until "Wedding" is on DVD, there will be 2 "sneak peek" DVD's, each containing 30 mins of new stuff, that will be on shelves in a couple weeks -- Beneath the Crust, volumes 1 & 2. They'll be attached respectively to Pie 1 & Pie 2 for free. Universal is also throwing in "movie cash" with these sneak-peek DVD's for a free ticket to American Wedding. (Pie 1 and 2 will NOT be marked up to make it "seem" like you're getting something for free -- essentially if you don't own 1 or 2 this is a good deal and I'm surprised the studio is doing it).

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am still getting over the fact that the actress that played Stiffler's mom is the same actress who played the homely trailer park beautician in Legally Blond. Talk about being cast at both ends of the spectrum.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I am still getting over the fact that the actress that played Stiffler's mom is the same actress who played the homely trailer park beautician in Legally Blond. Talk about being cast at both ends of the spectrum.
Or as ditzy blondes in "Best In Show" and "A Mighty Wind", for that matter...

Jason

Joel C

Screenwriter
Wait, so... is the "preview" material from the 2 re-releases going to be on the final AW DVD?

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Yes - That is the question. Now way am I buying these damn things a THIRD time. But it would be cool to get that disc with ALL the material with the new movie.

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Let's hope American Wedding won't get 4 different versions (rated fullscreen/widescreen, unrated fullscreen/widescreen). I doubt there will be a widescreen only release, this is after all Universal.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
This news story makes it seem like the content on the Beneath the Crust Vols. 1 and 2 with the AmPie 1 and 2 re-releases are actually just samples of the full version of the extras disc that comes with AmWedding. Am I right in this interpretation?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
More info on "Beneath the Crust". Sounds like the full documentary will be released on Tuesday January 1. I wonder if American Wedding will be released on the same day?

Also, Universal has the front cover art for the first two BTC volumes due out on July 29 here.

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
More info on "Beneath the Crust". Sounds like the full documentary will be released on Tuesday January 1. I wonder if American Wedding will be released on the same day?
I wouldn't be surprised if that changed. Being the holiday and all, and most retailers closed for business, chances that the January 1st release date sticking would be sketchy at best.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
American Wedding:

Widescreen Theatrical Collector's Edition DD 5.1
Widescreen Theatrical Collector's Edition DTS 5.1
Widescreen Unrated Collector's Edition DD 5.1
Widescreen Unrated Collector's Edition DTS 5.1
Fullframe Theatrical Collector's Edition DD 5.1
Fullframe Theatrical Collector's Edition DTS 5.1
Fullframe Unrated Collector's Edition DD 5.1
Fullframe Unrated Collector's Edition DTS 5.1
Ultimate Edition Theatrical
Ultimate Edition Unrated
Widescreen Theatrical Collector's Edition DD 5.1 Packaged with AP1 Ultimate Edition
Widescreen Theatrical Collector's Edition DTS 5.1 Packaged with AP1 Ultimate Edition
Widescreen Unrated Collector's Edition DD 5.1 Packaged with AP1 Ultimate Edition
Widescreen Unrated Collector's Edition DTS 5.1 Packaged with AP1 Ultimate Edition
Fullframe Theatrical Collector's Edition DD 5.1 Packaged with AP1 Ultimate Edition
Fullframe Theatrical Collector's Edition DTS 5.1 Packaged with AP1 Ultimate Edition
Fullframe Unrated Collector's Edition DD 5.1 Packaged with AP1 Ultimate Edition
Fullframe Unrated Collector's Edition DTS 5.1 Packaged with AP1 Ultimate Edition
Collector's Gift Set (with senitype, CD, poster, lobby cards, and booklet) (with Ultimate Edition

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
^should I...clap?

Your best bet would be to hold off untill AP3 comes out on DVD, you know they'll make a box set.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Patrick,

Hilarious! But you forgot the separate editions that are going to be released with a free ticket to see American Reunion: Enough Already!

Jason

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
More info on the Beneath the Crust can be found in this interview with the producer of American Wedding, Craig Perry.

What was the stuff that Seann William Scott ate made out of?

In December there is going to be a four hour franchise DVD that looks at all three movies, where there is a five minute food show, a sequence that shows you exactly how to make fake dog poop, including how to add the appropriate amount of grass, the appropriate amount of crunchy stuff. So that will answer the question quite brilliantly.

R. Kay

Second Unit
She was also the massage therapist who wouldnt give Jerry a massage on 'Seinfeld'. Almost unrecognizable. She had her lips blown up after 'Seinfeld'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks