What's new

Amazon 3 4k UHD Titles for $45: What To Pick? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
https://www.amazon.com/gp/promotion...4c-448f-a69e-8d152b42dd66&pf_rd_i=11598814011

I picked INTERSTELLAR That is a must! I need two more titles.

What would you recommend I choose from the list that looks incredible on 4k?

I am steering away from THE DARK KNIGHT films at the moment since I am waiting for a drop in price on the boxed set.

The only other I am considering is THE MATRIX. Not sure how that looks, though.

Last edited:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
The Matrix is simply stunning in 4k. Its one of the best looking 4k discs I own. I'm sure others here can describe it in more detail better than I, but it is definitely a must have disc. It is the best it has ever looked. The HDR is incredible. Some of the brightest whites and deepest blacks, perfect skin tones. And such details.

As for any other titles, depends on your tastes. Personally, Jumanji looks amazing to me and is a lot of fun. And I loved the Dark Crystal when I saw it in theaters when I was 13. It always bored me on tv and home video. This 4k disc breathed new life into it, and I enjoyed it immensely. I had forgotten how colorful a film it was.

Blade Runner looks amazing too, but unfortunately only the final cut is in 4k, and that is the least favorite of all the versions for me. And since I already had the other versions on blu, the 4k was kind of a waste of money for me.

Trancas

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
The Matrix in 4k is amazing. Logan Lucky is a fun film (better than Ocean's 8) and was finished in 4k (although I've only seen the blu-ray).

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have taken advantage of this Amazon sale in the past. I usually approach it by selecting titles with the highest prices that I am interested in. So, Ron, while you said you were waiting for a price drop on the Dark Knight Trilogy box set, it may make sense to just use this sale for those titles. That's how I acquired the UHD versions of the films.

The Matrix does look excellent in UHD. It was on sale for $15 a while back, which is when I grabbed the title. Looking through the list of available titles, Blade Runner and Starship Troopers are other titles that looks great in UHD.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I have taken advantage of this Amazon sale in the past. I usually approach it by selecting titles with the highest prices that I am interested in. So, Ron, while you said you were waiting for a price drop on the Dark Knight Trilogy box set, it may make sense to jut use this sale for those titles. That's how I acquired the UHD versions of the films.

The Matrix does look excellent in UHD. It was on sale for $15 a while back, which is when I grabbed the title. Looking through the list of available titles, Blade Runner and Starship Troopers are other titles that looks great in UHD.

That's my philosophy. If the price is over $45/3 ($15 each), then it's a deal. If not, then I won't consider them. Looking at the list, I might sit this promo out.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
That's my philosophy. If the price is over $45/3 ($15 each), then it's a deal. If not, then I won't consider them. Looking at the list, I might sit this promo out.

I picked up red and red 2 UHd for $9.99 each last November. Black Friday is coming.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I’ve been itching for the Dark Knight films and I have also been waiting for a price drop on the Nolan set, but this might be just as good as any other opportunity to pick them up relatively cheaply and pick up Inception, Intersteallar and Dunkirk later (The Prestege isn’t really essential for me)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I goofed!

It was INTERSTELLAR (not INCEPTION) I wanted. INTERSTELLAR is one of my favorite movies!

I think I will take your advice and go for all 3 Dark Knight movies and throw in THE MATRIX.

Thanks, everyone!

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
It's not a film that everyone loves, but I think 'Passengers' is one of the best looking 4K titles I own. It was a blind buy and one of the best blind buys I've ever made. I love the film and it looks absolutely stunning in 4K HDR.

Mark

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It's not a film that everyone loves, but I think 'Passengers' is one of the best looking 4K titles I own. It was a blind buy and one of the best blind buys I've ever made. I love the film and it looks absolutely stunning in 4K HDR.

Mark
I love it, too, though I've only watched the 3D version in the package and not the 4K. One of these days....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So I placed a large order with discounts applied at checkout. Not a bad selection to demo the projector when it arrives

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 5.56.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 5.57.05 AM.png

(Click on two above pictures for larger photos)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks