What's new

All in the family fans, whos excited? :) (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Okay...I'm excited! :)
family2.jpg

Link RemovedBoy da' way Glenn Miller play'd...Link Removed

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"...Gee our old LaSalle ran great...!!" ;)
"WELL, WE'LL SEE JUST HOW WONDERFUL IT IS WHEN THE WATERMELON RINDS COME FLYIN' OUT THE WINDOWS!!!" -- My all-time favorite Archie-ism! :laugh:
Yes....I'm EXCITED too! Because the above hysterical line will be included in the AITF--Season 1 set. [Episode 8 -- "Lionel Moves Into The Neighborhood"]
http://classicsitcoms.com/shows/family1.html

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this release. I am hoping that this will sell well and prompt the release of the following seasons.
Also received a great pre-order price of $17.52 (shipped)! :D

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm ready, Hope they release the other seasons to DVD soon too. 16 days and counting:).

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I cannot wait for this either. I am glad I held off and did not buy these overpriced through Columbia House.

I also got a great deal from DVD Empire when they had it priced for about 17 bucks on pre-order. This should be TV on DVD done right.

J

James Miller

Stunt Coordinator
has it been determined whether these are the uncut, original, episodes? I know there was a discrepancy in that the various sites list total running time if 286 minutes which would indicate cut version.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Gord Lacey, who runs the great site TVShowsonDVD.com just yesterday (or today maybe) in another thread here stated that according to the people he has spoken to at C/T, the episodes are UNCUT, as they have a policy to not release edited stuff on DVD. So it's looking good.

On a side note, I've never seen the show uncut but have heard a longer version of the theme song. Was the theme (and opening credits) longer in the original airings and cut for syndication/cable, or was the longer version only released commercially due to the success of the show/song?

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Scott,

The longer version of the theme song was on an LP featuring dialogue from the show, and also released on a single. It can be heard on "Tube Tunes, Vol. 1: The 70s" from Rhino.

I surely hope they are uncut, and if they are, I hope the disc sells well so that more Columbia TV series get released as well as the rest of this one.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Where are you guys finding the super-low AITF prices??
According to dvdpricesearch, the LOWEST right this minute is DVD Planet (@ 27.96). DeepDiscount is cheapest, when S&H is counted in (29.98).
Lead me to the bargains!! :)

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Lead me to the bargains!!
Sorry, Dave, but that ain't going to happen. This DVD was priced too low when it first came up for pre-order (back in January?). Those that did not hesitate to place their pre-order immediately received this great bargain. The correct price was later adjusted as you are seeing now.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, Dave, but that ain't going to happen. This DVD was priced too low when it first came up for pre-order (back in January?). Those that did not hesitate to place their pre-order immediately received this great bargain. The correct price was later adjusted as you are seeing now.
What on-line merchant had this BELOW $20 in Jan.?

I sure never saw it that low anyplace.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Deep Discount DVD and DVD Empire were two I know of for sure. Mine is coming from DVD Empire.

James Miller

Stunt Coordinator
Well, since there has been such concern since the day this was announced re: episode length I am more than happy to spend $10 more to ensure I am getting the un-cut episodes. Particularly after the atrocious Larry Sanders release by CTV, I am following a "better safe than sorry" policy with their releases. I am not a gambler... :)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
All of the online retailers who listed AITF early enough had it based on an incorrect MSRP of $25, since they all got this same information from the studio. But when the MSRP was changed some took longer to fix this information. DVDPlanet also had the lower price for longer than some others.
To me it was a no-brainer to pre-order this online at the lower price while I still could once I saw that some retailers started adjusting the MSRP upwards. There was nothing to lose.
If the retailer would not honor the original price based on the incorrect MSRP, no problem, I can still cancel the pre-order.
If the early reviews of the DVD set indicated that the shows were not uncut, no problem, I can still cancel the pre-order.
If there is no definitive word on the quality of the release or uncut status before it ships, no problem, I can still turn around and sell the set if I don't want it and probably make more than I paid for it.
As it is, DVDEmpire is honoring the lower price.
Customer Service
DVD Empire - www.dvdempire.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks