What's new

All 3 Free Willy films: OAR only on DVD (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
DavisDVD.com reports that all 3 Free Willy films will be released to DVD in OAR-only (1 and 2: 2.35:1 anamorphic, 3: 1.78:1 anamorphic) on January 28th.

The first film will be an SE (extras TBA)

Not my kind of films, but I'm impressed that all 3 are OAR.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Good, this makes up for the non-OAR version out now.
You are mistaken or have been misled. The current Free Willy DVD is 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen (as well as having a pan-and-scan presentation).

The Jan. 28 releases will mark the DVD debut of the sequels.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it sounds like they're taking the 16x9 widescreen disc of the original that's out now, adding a few things and raising the SRP $5.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
You are mistaken or have been misled. The current Free Willy DVD is 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen (as well as having a pan-and-scan presentation).
My fault, I must have been thinking of something else. But I know there was some reason for not getting FW. :confused:
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
What about "Catch Willy And Make Him Do Tricks", or the Director's Cut that was featured on The Simpsons? ;)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Glad to see that these will be OAR. I'm intending to pick them all up but'll probably only have the money for one, in which case the original wins out. I wonder if there will be a trilogy 3-pack. I'd get it if there was.

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
Glad to see that these will be OAR.
As I posted in another thread about The Master of Disguise, it turns out that Free Willy 3 is full-screen only--for no explainable reason, because it was a theatrical release. I have the disc and have verified this. Then again, I have been told I'm an unreliable source, so you'll probably have to wait for someone else to post the same thing before it will be accepted.
:rolleyes
Free Willy and Free Willy 2 are anamorphic widescreen.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Have the disc in my hand.

The back of FREE WILLY 3 THE RESCUE states that
it is the standard version and has been modified
from its original version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks