What's new

Alien Vs. Predator (Unrated Director's Cut) (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
I thought AvP was an okay time-killer, but I don't have much enthusiasm for this new version. Anderson's films seem to be mostly noise and chaos and not much substance.

That being said, these "unrated" versions are getting a bit ridiculous:

Matt Leigh

Stunt Coordinator
I think that article is made up. There was a big to do about it last year when it was originally posted.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe

Someone had copies of the shooting script, which had nothing that Anderson said it did. Also, Anderson's directly responding (in that interview) to complaints raised by people after the movie opened... and the PG-13 was locked in a LONG time before 3 weeks prior. And even if it wasn't... why would a scene explaining shorter gestation times be R-rated?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

The film was rumored to be rated PG-13 since production began and there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that they ever attempted to make an R-rated film. I have heard, however, that some additional effects have been filmed specifically for this DVD release. If that's the case and there is content in the new cut that would have earned it an R-rating, it's something Fox has done after the fact to appease fans. I thought it was ridiculous to follow up SIX R-rated movies with a PG-13 one but I don't think that was the film's main problem. All the gratuitous violence in the world isn't gonna improve this movie.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

You're right Bill. The movie is great just as it is! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed this film from beginning to end. Can't wait to pick this one up.:emoji_thumbsup:

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks for the review David. I did enjoy this film and have watched it several times but I doubt I'll even bother renting this UDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks